Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
nope, i just went loaded up the one that came up with that error and it seemed to work the second time around.

will look at the latest commit though.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="ray73864" date="1244994455"]nope, i just went loaded up the one that came up with that error and it seemed to work the second time around.

will look at the latest commit though.[/quote]

Hm...That's really weird..

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I have returned! I have recently made a change to the way the URL and Asset paths were being built. Previously it would not check if a slash had been added to the start and end of the assumed paths so it was causing an error. A recent commit has added that logic in, so if there is no preceeding or trailing slash, it will jam one on.

Can everyone that has a current version of PyroCMS working send me a PM with their config so I can start to get a list of supported platforms? I only have a Leopard box and two Ubunutu servers to test on as my laptops hard-drive has gone screwy and will not let me resize partitions for Bootcamping. Will sort this soon as I find out how to boot from CD on my Macbook.

BenneX made a very good point of adding in a templating engine to make life easier for designers and content users.

I started to build a basic Data_parser library but that went a little wrong and has been abandoned since somewhere around v0.5. This allowed things like CodeIgniter links to be used and setting variables to be accessed, but had flaws that could be avoided with a more standard templating system such as Smarty, or a comatible (and much lighter version) called Template Lite.

Combine this template engine with my recent post on how to "Access CodeIgniter helpers from Smarty templates" and we should be good to go.

Let me know what you think in the poll on the following link.

http://twtpoll.com/f1w72j

The parser, it's easier to maintain and smarty is way too advanced anyway. An template engine is nice, but I'd love to see the possibility of either using the template engine or just regular PHP as I'm not that fond of template engines.

The issue with parser is that its not really much of a templating engine, just a way to echo variables with neater syntax that short tags.

I plan to keep the core view files using pure PHP for the speed, but I feel that end-users and theme designers will see a benefit to using a templating engine. For example, with the Parser, if you wish to modify a variable it is impossible. Meaning if you wish to output a date in a different format to the one used by PyroCMS, you are screwed.

Smarty's modifiers are powerful as hell and allows presentation logic in the view files while sticking to the MVC mantra.

I am toying with the idea of setting up a modifiers-like system for CodeIgniter which integrates (or just extends) the CI Parser.

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1245112525"]The issue with parser is that its not really much of a templating engine, just a way to echo variables with neater syntax that short tags.

I plan to keep the core view files using pure PHP for the speed, but I feel that end-users and theme designers will see a benefit to using a templating engine. For example, with the Parser, if you wish to modify a variable it is impossible. Meaning if you wish to output a date in a different format to the one used by PyroCMS, you are screwed.

Smarty's modifiers are powerful as hell and allows presentation logic in the view files while sticking to the MVC mantra.

I am toying with the idea of setting up a modifiers-like system for CodeIgniter which integrates (or just extends) the CI Parser.[/quote]

What about making a custom template library ? Tongue

Might be going a little far.

I think I can get away with just modifying the parse_single() function to allow syntax such as {helpername:helperfunction|"arg1":"arg2":"arg3"}. What do you guys think?

I can't seem to run the latest committed version using WampServer, i downloaded it and extracted it out to a folder in wamp\www called 'pharmacy', then went to 'http://localhost/pharmacy/installer' and went through all the steps.

Then when i browse to 'http://localhost/pharmacy', Firefox comes up with:

Quote:Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Onto my next question too, how do i create a new module? i have followed the website post and have looked at the other modules, i can get the module to work fine on the website itself, and i can get it to work in the admin section too.

However i can't for the life of me figure out how to get the admin controller to appear in the sidebar with the rest of the modules.

my details.xml file looks like this:

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<module version="0.1" type="content">
<name>Chamber Members</name>
<description>Displays a table listing all the chamber members.</description>
<is_frontend>1</is_frontend>
<is_backend>1</is_backend>
<required>1</required>
<controllers>
<controller name="admin">
<method>index</method>
<method>create</method>