Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
translation doesn't work with second field name in "matches" validation rule

[eluser]rparavicini[/eluser]
I'v got a problem with the validation of a password and a password confirmation field.
I use the following validation rules (together with others):

Code:
$this->form_validation->set_rules('password', 'lang:regbox_Password', 'required');
$this->form_validation->set_rules('passconf', 'lang:regbox_Password_confirmation', 'required|matches[password]');

The following error message appears when the passwords dont match:
Code:
The Password confirmation field does not match the lang:regbox_Password field.

As I seem to be to stupid to find the code which processes and populates the error messages, I can't check if its a CI bug or if I made some mistakes. As the "lang:" part is stil in the human readable name, I conclude that the second field name is never translated, or am I wrong?

Thx in advance for any help *g*

[eluser]Jow272[/eluser]
Hello all,

I must say that I have the same problem. Does someone have a solution for this issue?

Best regards,
Michel

[eluser]jpi[/eluser]
No bug here.

regbox_Password must not be properly set in your lang file.

See form_validation.php @line 699

[eluser]Jow272[/eluser]
jpi, thanx for the idea. I did some research in that direction but I'm pretty sure the translation file is working correct. :down:

In my situation I have a join page in which I amongst others, validate

1. an e-mail field with: 'trim|required|valid_email|max_length[150]|callback_mail_address_exists_check|xss_clean'

2. a conformation e-mail field with: 'trim|required|matches[mail_address]|xss_clean'

3. a password field with: 'required|min_length[4]|max_length[32]|md5' and

4. a conformation password field with: 'required|matches[password]'

Now, when I enter a wrong e-mail address or a password that is to short, the validation responce is correct: 'The E-mailaddress field must contain a valid email address.' or 'The Password field must be at least 4 characters in length.'.

So in this situation the language return is correct and that lets me believe there is nothing wrong with the language return. Only after I enter two different mail addresses or two different passwords I get the corrupted message: 'The Repeat mailaddress field does not match the lang:view_mailaddress field.' or 'The Repeat password field does not match the lang:view_password field.' respectively.

So in the first case the lang:view_mailaddress and lang:view_password strings are correctly translated and in the second case they are not whilst the first %s in the second case did translate correctly.

Maybe other ideas or any other directions in which I can search?

Best regards,
Michel

[eluser]liviu_holhos[/eluser]
I must say I ran into the same problem, only occurs when using "lang:" text...

[eluser]lovinglgz[/eluser]
I hit the same problem.
Dont know how to handle it yet.
can anyone give us a support?
Thanks!

[eluser]liviu_holhos[/eluser]
check the repository, seems like the problem was fixed meanwhile.

[eluser]Benedikt[/eluser]
Did anyone test this yet?

There is a bug report: http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/9132/

But even I upgraded to 1.7.2 it still is not working.

Can anybody confirm that it does indeed work now? I still get the "The Password field does not match the langTongueasswordConf field."

Thanks for feedback.

[eluser]lovinglgz[/eluser]
[quote author="Benedikt" date="1260668364"]Did anyone test this yet?

There is a bug report: http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/9132/

But even I upgraded to 1.7.2 it still is not working.

Can anybody confirm that it does indeed work now? I still get the "The Password field does not match the langTongueasswordConf field."

Thanks for feedback.[/quote]

Actually it works well now, I have tested that.

pls update your SVN codebase.

[eluser]Benedikt[/eluser]
Which version do you use? This repository: http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/tags/v1.7.2/

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I used revision 1765 but still not working.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB