Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Separation - PHP5 (Modules)

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Modular Separation PHP5 version 1.10 is attached to this post.

Fixed a file naming convention problem when loading module/libraries. Thanks hugle. Wink

EDIT:
Removed deprecated version 1.10.

[eluser]mreeves[/eluser]
Seem to have a problem and i'm wondering whether modular separation is the where the answer lies. Basically I have a modular app and development has been going nicely. Today I started a business directory module. The name I gave to the module is "directory" and coded it. If I visit http://site/directory I just get a blank screen. After much investigation if I simply change the name of the module and the directory.php within it to something else it works. "directory" does not appear to be a reserved word in CodeIgniter so is it something to do with Modular Separation?

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

best regards
Martin

P.S. I should add i've tried upgrading to the latest version.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1263829205"]Modular Separation PHP5 version 1.10 is attached to this post.

Fixed a file naming convention problem when loading module/libraries. Thanks hugle. Wink[/quote]
helloSmile
no problem wiredesignz, I'm glad that we were able to fix something new Smile

[eluser]haydenp[/eluser]
@mreeves

I'm using the latest version of Modular Seperation and have a module named 'directory'. All is working okay for me.

Any routing possibly causing the problem?

[eluser]mreeves[/eluser]
[quote author="haydenp" date="1264122816"]@mreeves

I'm using the latest version of Modular Seperation and have a module named 'directory'. All is working okay for me.

Any routing possibly causing the problem?[/quote]

Many thanks for checking Hayden. I'm at a complete loss as to how to solve this. There are no routes defined that could be conflicting as far as I can see and simply changing the name of the module and controller to something else gets it working. Bizarre and frustrating.

[eluser]haydenp[/eluser]
Martin

2 things ...

1. You say you are getting a blank screen. I would have thought you would see an error message of sorts? Are you set up to see all errors? May shed some ligt.

2. As far as I'm aware, MS will always search in application/controllers first to see if there is a controller there with the specified name ie. application/controllers/directory.php If none is found then only does it look for a module with the specified name ie. application/modules/directory/...

Check if you dont have a controller lurking about with a matching name.

Hayden

[eluser]mreeves[/eluser]
Found the problem - it appears Directory is a reserved word in PHP

[eluser]shinokada[/eluser]
A quick question.
Can anyone tell me where I can download this?
When I click Wiredesignz's signature Modular separation, it comes back to this forum.

Thanks in advance.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="shinokada" date="1264341104"]A quick question.
Can anyone tell me where I can download this?
When I click Wiredesignz's signature Modular separation, it comes back to this forum.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hello

here you go,
it is the most up to date version Smile

http://codeigniter.com/?ACT=51&fid=58&ai...board_id=2

[eluser]shinokada[/eluser]
Thanks hugle.
Is there any manual about how to use?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB