Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] can't save transaction without details

[eluser]theprodigy[/eluser]
when you post the new company that is created, is it possible to also post the user_id, so that you can populate the sec_companyaccess table as well? That will solve all your problems.

If you are creating a new user, then the only option I can come up with is to create a blank user row, and return the new user_id, then send to an edit form (thus having blank form fields, but already having a user_id).
Otherwise, you may have to re-work your site to the way I described before (create a company elsewhere, use the user-form to just assign the company to them - using a drop down to assign the company, or checkboxes to allow assigning multiple).

[eluser]maria clara[/eluser]
how can i save the Company_code and company_name in Maint_company table and how can i get the company_id to be put in the sec_companyaccess table???

am thinking if i should put it here:

Code:
function savecompany_details($id) //Query for saving the company
    {

$data['company_id'] = $id;
        $this->db->insert('maint_company',$id);

//echo $this->db->last_query();

return $this->db->insert_id();        
    }

Quote:how can i save the Company_code and company_name in Maint_company table and how can i get the company_id to be put in the sec_companyaccess table???

am thinking if i should put it here:
Yes, return $this->db->insert_id() (like you are doing) will return the company_id

[quote author="theprodigy" date="1265790994"]
Yes, return $this->db->insert_id() (like you are doing) will return the company_id[/quote]

yes, i see its returning the company_id. but what i want is to put the company_id to the sec_companyaccess table for it to be posted in the jquery grid. like while it is saving in the maint_company table that it will also save the company_id in the sec_companyaccess table

as I was trying to say earlier, if you have the user_id at that time, you can also save the data in the sec_companyaccess table. But if you don't then you will run into problems as both the company_id AND the user_id are required.

[quote author="theprodigy" date="1265791916"]as I was trying to say earlier, if you have the user_id at that time, you can also save the data in the sec_companyaccess table. But if you don't then you will run into problems as both the company_id AND the user_id are required.[/quote]

i got the logic.. i will have the user_id and company_id in the sec_companyaccess table when i submit the save button above the fields, but the problem is.. i wasn't able to post the company details in the jquery grid first.

because if i have successfully have done that.. i will be able to save the user_id and company_idin the sec_companyaccess table.

so, my real problem is to post the company details in the jquery grid.

Quote:so, my real problem is to post the company details in the jquery grid.
which you cannot do without the user_id

[eluser]saidai jagan[/eluser]
WoW... a Thread consisting of 6 pages and still not ended Smile Great.
Thanks guyz for u r Helps.

hi again to all,

i was able to populate the row in mt console like this:
Quote:{
page: 1,
total: 2,
records: 18,
rows: [{"id":"22","cell":["22",null,null,"59"]},{"id":"17","cell":["17",null,null,"54"]},{"id":"25","cell":["25",null,null,"62"]},{"id":"20","cell":["20",null,null,"57"]},{"id":"15","cell":["15",null,null,"52"]},{"id":"23","cell":["23",null,null,"60"]},{"id":"18","cell":["18",null,null,"55"]},{"id":"21","cell":["21",null,null,"58"]},{"id":"16","cell":["16",null,null,"53"]},{"id":"24","cell":["24",null,null,"61"]},{"id":"19","cell":["19",null,null,"56"]},{"id":"14","cell":["14",null,null,"51"]},{"id":"29","cell":["29","0000-5f","HEXAGON","66"]},{"id":"27","cell":["27","021890","CEZ","64"]},{"id":"26","cell":["26","1234","DELL","63"]},{"id":"30","cell":["30","555","abakada","68"]},{"id":"28","cell":["28","7777","AMA","65"]},{"id":"31","cell":["31","dgsdgsd","gsdgsd","69"]}]
}

but i have this also in my console:
Quote:{"item":null}<br />

here's my new code in CONTROLLER:

Code:
case $crudConfig['create']:
                $c = "";
                $dt['company_code'] = $this->input->post('company_code');
                $sec_exist = $this->User->getCompanyDetails($dt);

if ($sec_exist)
                {
                    $c .= 'Company ID already exists.';
                    $data['action'] = 'exist';
                }
                else
                {
                $fields = array(
                         "company_code"
                        ,"company_name"
                        );

foreach ($fields as $field)
                {if (isset($_POST[$field])) $dt[$field] = $this->input->post($field);}

$item = $this->input->post("item");    
                #print_r($_POST);
                $data['item'] = $this->User->save_companydetail($dt,$item);
                }
                break;

and in my MODEL:

Code:
function save_companydetail($details,$id)
    {

$this->db->insert('maint_company', $details);
        $DataId = $this->db->insert_id();
        $data['user_id'] = $id;
        $data['company_id'] = $DataId;    
        $this->db->insert('sec_companyaccess', $data);
    }

it was populating but i still it wasn't posting.

regards,
kahtrina

I'm assuming this is still on saving the new company through the jquery grid.

when submitting the add company form, does it contain the user id in a hidden field with the name "item"? Or, it doesn't even have to be a hidden field. Basically, are you submitting a form field, with the name "item" along with the rest of the form (company_name, company_code)?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB