Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Installing an old application to a new server

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
To my knowledge, CI only looks in application/core for the MY_... controller

I was hoping it was a misspelling on the class declaration, it's very intolerant of that <g>.

You do need a closing bracket though. just be sure there are no blank spaces, outside of a comment, at the end of the class file. You don't need a closing php tag, but that empty space is a killer, so a comment to end the file is a good solution.

However, I don't know if that it the problem.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Removed blank spaces and a blank line, didnt fix the problem. Installed a fresh copy of CodeIgniter, that works. So there is definately a problem with my CI files, not php itself.

EDIT: Steps I took to test this were
mv webFiles/webFiles2
mkdir webFiles
chmod 755 webFiles
unzip CodeIgniter_2.0.2.zip
chmod 755 CodeIgniter_2.0.2
edit index.html

I have since changed it back, by changing webFiles to webFilesDefault, webFiles2 to webFiles and editing the index.html file again, as well as chmoding the index files which were for some reason 744, and it now gives me a 500 error when trying to reach index.php

Can you say relief?

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
[quote author="TWP Marketing" date="1347575434"]Can you say relief? [/quote]

Not really, because the default files work, mine dont, and we are no closer to figuring out where in my files there is a mistake Smile There is a full 5 months worth of work in my files, and I would rather not have to do them from scratch again

[quote author="Rurik" date="1347575109"]Removed blank spaces and a blank line, didnt fix the problem. Installed a fresh copy of CodeIgniter, that works. So there is definately a problem with my CI files, not php itself.

[/quote]
PHP wasn't the problem, but did you put a closing bracket on your MY_controller?

Using CI 2.0.2, there were know problems. The change log lists a lot of changes from 2.0.2 upward:
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...gelog.html

I haven't looked through all of them with an eye to your problem, but it might be worth while in case you see something that relates.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
I checked the braces as i went through, and there is a closing brace for every opening brace. And a closing php tag for the opening php tag. I will look through that link now.

Didnt notice anything in particular under the bug fixes for 2.0.3 that would apply to my problem. But I could be wrong, I often am.

Are the permissions on application/core set to at least 755? I know you check the root at /webfiles but MY_Controller is in application/core

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
yes, from command line i use -R and from winscp i use recursive to make sure that all files use 755. I am currently getting a copy of the working files to update on the server, just to see if ive somehow screwed something up since i copied it over. Will let you know in about 15-20 minutes what happens.

Maybe longer, this is a bit slow...

No problem, I'm online for another hour or hour and a half.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Ok finally done, still a blank page Sad The only thing I can think of is that somewhere its referring to Andromeda instead of 127.0.1.1, and with it not understanding this, failing to load it.

I know my apache can parse php, so it should be able to parse CI, and it can as the other one works, but for some reason this set of files doesnt.

Any idea where someone might have referred to the server name, or somewhere were you would need to refer to the localhost?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB