Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Public Beta (RC10)

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
thanks, noted.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that RC8 has been released, refer to the original post in this thread for a download link, and changelog, enjoy Smile

Really sorry for the double post, just wanted to let you know about RC9 (I know, RC8 as released for 2 hours), but I (stupidly) just found out CI handles GET data and I rewrote big parts of the CRUD controller, which still needs refactoring, but it works good now.

[eluser]BeingDefined[/eluser]
Again, great stuff here.

Three things i notice:

1. Make sure to chmod the log folder to 777. I was getting a blank page. After an hour of messing around, I finally figured out that the log folder needed to be chmod to 777.

2. The edit function seems to edit every row. (This seems to be fixed in rc9 but your website still have rc8 so might want change that)

3. You forgot to add the dbdropdown_test column sql to the codex.sql contained with the zip. This is only if you're doing manual installation meaning you are not using installer.php.

Other than that, this CE is a great piece of tool to help manage my sites. Thank You.

[eluser]BeingDefined[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1205148945"]Really sorry for the double post, just wanted to let you know about RC9 (I know, RC8 as released for 2 hours), but I (stupidly) just found out CI handles GET data and I rewrote big parts of the CRUD controller, which still needs refactoring, but it works good now.[/quote]

Sorry bit off topic but how can I get the GET data in CI? I been trying to figure it out but haven't found a solution.

Thanks

[eluser]dleavitt[/eluser]
This is becoming a mature piece of software! I especially like this:
Quote:Modified the CRUD controller so it uses GET variables, making it much more robust. Now if you want to create a new table, just set it up in phpmyadmin, and create your .yml file, no need to create controllers anymore.

A few small suggestions:

File and image plugins: If upload path isn't specified, look for an upload path variable in the config array eg:

Code:
$this->config['upload_path']   = isset($this->params['upload_path'])? $this->params['upload_path'] :
isset($this->params['upload_path']) ? $this->CI->config->config['codex_upload_path'] : '';
(Worked in rc7, not tested in rc9)

Right now it's not particularly easy to integrate AJAX into CE, as there's no support for partials and the display functionality of codexcontroller is not well separated from the data retrieval/manipulation functionality.

I would suggest adding some methods for rendering partials to templates.php and maybe refactoring codexcontroller.php somewhat, putting the template generation and rendering commands into their own methods so it's easy to extend the codexcontroller class without having to copy and paste all the functionality.

[eluser]Shodan[/eluser]
Rc9 is looking good, jTaby!

A couple of problems I've noticed:

I seem to be getting logged out of Codex repeatedly when using IE7 and performing pretty much any function. I haven't tried it in other FF / ie6 yet.

I'm also getting a blank screen when adding a new record. The record contains a couple of textboxes, a textarea, a time field and 5 image fields (I'm testing it with 5 x 1 to 2mb image files). Again, this is IE7.

*edit* Actually - possibly of note: I'm really using IE8 beta 1, running in IE7 emulation mode - may be relevant, although it *should* just be behaving like IE7! Unfortunately in typical Microshaft fashion, installing IE8 overwrites your default IE7 install :long:

Also, every so slightly off topic, I'm looking for a stable CRUD system to use on a current project and although Codex 2 rc9 looks great, obviously it's not stable enough for production use. I've been looking at Codex 1.4 which will do the job nicely, except that it doesn't seem to work correctly in ie6: I'm getting a blank screen when trying to edit a record.

I know 1.4 is old news but do you have any idea of what the problem is?

Cheers!

Yes, I would actually advice against 1.4, as it has a few security bugs. I'm trying to do as much testing as I can to iron out the bugs, I won't release version 2.0 until it's stable.

@BeingDefined, thanks for that, i'll fix it and update the zip.
@dleavitt, thanks, i like that idea (the image/file thing), as far as Ajax, I actually stumbled across this when trying to implement ajax, and I realized this was something that needed some planning. Hopefully i'll add that functionality in an elegant manner as I refactor the controller.

Finally, can anyone reproduce Shodan's trouble with being logged out?

[eluser]Shodan[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1205179059"]Finally, can anyone reproduce Shodan's trouble with being logged out?[/quote]

I can confirm that I have the same problem in Firefox as well, if that helps.

dleavitt, I was doing some thinking about how ajax would work in the context of CE and what I came up with is the following:

It wouldn't make sense to have any of the main function in CodeExtinguisher be ajax-callable, it would be better just to do a whole request..
On the other hand, there are lots of cases when your plugins may need to have ajax interfaces (for example, the ManyToMany and OneToMany plugins). For that, there's a publicly accessible function in codexcontroller.php called pluginCallback which takes data from POST (plugin and action) It also takes a params item, which it explodes on :. So if you want to pass an array to your plugin, you can do so easily.

Please let me know what you think.

p.s. I do agree with the fact that there needs to be better separation in CodexController though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB