BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]TermiT[/eluser]
And you have a misprint in modules/auth/libraries/Userlib.php(414):
$data['users']['acive'] = 1;
need:
$data['users']['active'] = 1;
Smile

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Thanks have added that to my to do list, is the error message problem now working?

[eluser]TermiT[/eluser]
No, I just restart mysqld, now all works perfectly, thx! Great job

[eluser]a&w[/eluser]
I just perused the userguide, nice to see some docs backing this otherwise I probably would have shyed away.

I noticed on the to do list was something for js minification (you have something implemented for css already looks like). At any rate, it was posted elsewhere in the forums here, but just in case you didn't come across it:
http://farhadi.ir/works/smartoptimizer

That is php based apparently, for more general considerations you might be interested in this thread:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34354

I glanced through a few pages of this thread, but the downside for the popular threads is they get so long. Anyway, a couple of questions/thoughts:

1. Your userguide is good an gives a good lay of the land. Something you might touch on briefly is the folder structure and use of matchbox. I was a little aware of it, and I saw the earlier posts this thread, but a little blurb on it would probably benefit people less informed than me.

2. I think I like your directory setup for the most part. I'm curious why you didn't pull the application folder outside of it's default location, perhaps on the same level with system and modules. Any downside to pulling it out on the same level that you know of?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Thanks for the pointers on js minification, the reason I havn't implemented one yet was since they messed up the pre-packed version of jquery. Just havn't figured out the best way to do it yet, was thining of using

In answer to your questions,
1. Ill take that into account for the next release
2. The sole reason was to keep it like the default CodeIgniter install.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Hi Adam, I'm just checking out BackendPro and so far it looks to be exactly what I was looking for. I have used CodeExtinguisher on a project recently and it was excellent for creating an automated backend, I'm sure I will use it again but I think BP will better suit the project that I am working on now.

I think I found a typo in auth/libraries/Userlib.php

changed line 414
was
Code:
$data['users']['acive'] = 1;
changed to
Code:
$data['users']['active'] = 1;

And hey, why is there no fire related name for this tool!!

What about
Quote:BackendPyro

Just going through the docs now, I'm sure I will have questions.
;-)
doodle

[eluser]Amzad Hossain[/eluser]
I am using backendpro 0.2a for over a month. But in my case i used it only for user authentication.

At present in 1 of my project which includes user profile management, current user's profile modification etc. Which means i needed to use backendpro in full.

Now here are the problems i faced and some i solved and some still in the queue.

Regarding User Profiles Creation and Modification: I followed all the steps mentioned in the documentation. But it failed to change or update or create all profile information. To make it work out i had to make change in the following file :

Quote:In file : ~/auth/controllers/admin/members.php
function :
Code:
function _get_profile_details() {
  $data = array();
  if($this->preference->item('allow_user_profiles')) {
      $field_array = $this->config->item('userlib_profile_fields');
      foreach( $field_array as $key => $val )
    $data[ $key ] = $this->input->post( $key );
  }

return $data;
}

Recieved the following error trying to modify a users group

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

You must use the "set" method to update an entry.

in
Quote: /auth/admin/members/form/3.html

tried to change member #3 from member to administrator

Also is there any way to quickly get info about who just logged in, such as id, member name, email etc.?

Thanks,
doodle

[eluser]steelaz[/eluser]
As far as I know all user information is stored in session. For example to get username i use:

Code:
$username = $this->session->userdata('username');

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for

doodle

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB