Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]Emanuel01[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1262653183"]@Emanuel01: Yes the next version will be 5.3.0 compatible. Can't give ETA, I don't have enough time to do my normal day to day things let alone extra things.[/quote]

Thx for the fast reply adamp .
Ok, i will wait it xD

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi Adam
One question...
The check(Resource,Action,..) function validates the ACL, etc. In case something wrong, it redirects to control panel, showing the message that user doesn't have permission, etc. right?

I'm doing some ajax calls with jQuery, and the controllers use the check function. How could I do in the controller to get a boolean result with the check function call, so that I can return a negative value to the view that made the ajax call?

I want to mark & hide items doing ajax, but checking if user has access to do so

Thanks

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Please review the last example on this page (http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/backendpro/user_...s/acl.html)

Code:
// These several lines will check the user has access to the members resource. But
// if they do not instead of redirecting them it will return FALSE. Therefore only
// if they have access will the link be created.
if( check('Members',NULL,FALSE))
{
    print anchor('auth/admin/members','Members');
}

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
awesome
I know I deserve a very big RTFM!
Thanks =)

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Right here are some replies to questions ask over XMas which I didn't get to reply to. If you posted in the last month and didn't get a reply have a read of this:

[quote author="CARP" date="1260918452"]Awesome. Thanks Adam!
Please lemme ask you another question...

Plz See:
http://i45.tinypic.com/rmohw3.jpg

How can I do to deny access to "Cargadores" group to Control Panel? I think I've made the mistake of creating this group and making it to inherit from Administrator group, right?[/quote]
If you have created it below Administrator then it will inherit all permissions from above. You will need to therefore create it either on the same level as Administrators or above it.

[quote author="shinokada" date="1260999139"]Is there any application based on backendpro which I can download?

I need some codes to see how this can be used.[/quote]
I am afraid I know of none. I do make sites using BackendPro but I can't release the source code. Sorry. I will say there will be some tutorials for BackendPro 1.0 so look forward to those.

[quote author="shinokada" date="1261155299"]Re: Problem with auth/settings access

If you deny system access to a group, that can still access to auth/settings by typing auth/settings in url since it does not have check() in class Settings.

I think it should be changed.

Or am I missing a point?[/quote]
This is a bug. I will make sure this gets changed in the next release which will be BackendPro 1.0

[quote author="K.Brown" date="1261892607"]I'm adding a phone number field to the user_profiles

Here's my validation class:
Code:
function edit_phone($phone)
    {
                if (preg_match('/^\(?[0-9]{3}\)?[-. ]?[0-9]{3}[-. ]?[0-9]{4}$/', $phone))
                {
                    return preg_replace("/([0-9]{3})([0-9]{3})([0-9]{4})/", "$1-$2-$3", $phone);    
                }
                else
                {
                        $this->CI->validation->set_message('phone', "This must be a 10-digit USA phone number.");
                        return FALSE;      
                }
    }

How can I get the return value of this and insert this to the db instead of the user's input?

I'm new to CI, and this is really frustrating me![/quote]
You are trying to use the validation callbacks for not what they are for. They can only return true or false. Since they are run by the actual form_validation library. You may be able to call it manually using $this->form_validation->edit_phone($phone).

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Awesome Adam!
Thanks! ... if only every piece of paid/free sw had the same level/kind of support you do, everything would be so different =)

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="CARP" date="1263086905"]Awesome Adam!
Thanks! ... if only every piece of paid/free sw had the same level/kind of support you do, everything would be so different =)[/quote]

Big Grin

One more thing, if you use the advanced view it should show you the permissions each group has for the different resources and actions. You may already be using it.

[eluser]bluerockit[/eluser]
Hello all. I just started working with Backend pro for a few days for a project. I am using 0.6.1. I installed and everything seems to be working. I can login fine and it redirects me to the admin panel. I have a controller called 'manage' located in the codeigniter system folder that I am trying to protect using the ACL. However, I have:

Code:
function Manage()
    {
        parent::Controller();
                check('Manage',NULL,'auth/login');
    }
in my controller 'manage'.
I receive the following error in my php log.
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function  check()

So, it seems somewhere it is not finding the correct libraries?
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

[eluser]amites[/eluser]
I am attempting to install Backend Pro 0.6.1 and am running into a wall with Matchbox

the issue is documented, it wants the URI to be
/module/controller/function

rather than what is in place
/controller/function

I see that this has been discussed though I'm wondering if there is a sharable workaround? I'd really like to use your app on the project I'm working on though 2 hours later I feel like I'm chasing my tail

been out of the PHP/CI game for a while so my PHP code crawling skills are a bit rusty (Python/Django is addictive)

btw: many thanks for the work you've put into this app - the demo is excellent

edit: Realized that I hadn't mentioned any actual debugging I've done
Most extreme: complete fresh install with various versions from SVN, with default folder locations and customized
updated Matchbox, reverted, overwrote the MY_router.php with various versions discussed in the Matchbox thread...
with default install I get "unable to load class Status" with updated Matchbox "default route not setup" (I'm paraphrasing)

[eluser]amites[/eluser]
seem to have it working now

steps I took

create a new project folder & database
copy codeigniter to the new folder
copy backendpro to the new folder
run the install
copy existing project files to the new folder
copy existing database tables to the new database

unsure why it wouldn't take when I was trying to install to an existing project,

once again thank you for the effort put into this app

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB