Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]jloosli[/eluser]
In reference to post #428:

I found the answer to the first problem, but for the second one (unable to load class status), is there any way around this with CI 1.7.2? I'd like to stick with 1.7.2 if possible...

Using fresh install of CI 1.7.2 and BP 0.6.1 and accessing /admin/

[quote author="Bondie" date="1254063436"]Errors on my behalf or the backend pro? :o
Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 414
Quote:An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested class: status
Codeigniter 1.7.2
BackendPro 0.6.1
BackendPro only installation on this copy of CI

This was when accessing /admin/[/quote]

[eluser]jloosli[/eluser]
I'm a little closer on this...

I downloaded RC2 of Matchbox and now it seems to be loading all the classes fine (I had to put the modules folder inside the application folder as well).

Now, if I type in http://localhost/bpro/admin, it redirects to http://localhost/bpro/index.php/auth/login and comes up with a 404 error. But, if I remove the login from the url (i.e. http://localhost/bpro/index.php/auth), then it shows the login page. However, upon logging in, it takes me back to http://localhost/bpro/index.php/auth/login and I get a 404 error again. It looks like a routing problem maybe?

Still working on this, but thought I'd give an update.

[eluser]alainm[/eluser]
adamp1: great news on you updating the userlisting on 1.0.

would you be able to dump out your "bep_admin_menu" for me?

I thing the menu is pointing incorrectly in mine.

Dashboard dashboard dashboard NULL NULL 1 0
System system NULL NULL NULL 2 0
Members members user/members 2 NULL 2 0
Access Permissions access_permissions access 2 NULL 1 0
Preferences preferences preference

Access Permissions works beautifully now. great work.

[eluser]alainm[/eluser]
Adamp1 : since my latest update i an error of "access_requires_login" when i try to access the new user module. hence why i think it's a links in the admin menu.

[eluser]alainm[/eluser]
Digging into it a little more this looks like a permission issue.

If i go to the System -> Access Permissions

The Administration user group doesn't have access to the Members modules.

Now if i change it via the interface to allow all actions.. this change doesn't get saved to the DB. So that if i reload this page, i see an 'X'..

thoughts?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
@jloosli: Matchbox RC2 has lots of bugs in it, I have not tried it with 0.6.1 but have been using it with 1.0. There are wrouting issues with it, I would advise going to the 1.0 SVN repo and downloaded the version of matchbox from there since I have fixed numerous bugs in it.

@alainm: There is a chance the Admin menu stored in the DB will be moved to a config file, it just seems un-needed overhead. But for the meantime this is the SQL code
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `bep_admin_menu` (
  `id` mediumint(9) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  `slug` varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  `link` varchar(254) DEFAULT NULL,
  `parent_id` mediumint(9) DEFAULT NULL,
  `resource_id` mediumint(9) DEFAULT NULL,
  `order` tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
  `locked` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `slug` (`slug`),
  KEY `parent_id` (`parent_id`),
  KEY `permission_id` (`resource_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=6 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `bep_admin_menu`
--

INSERT INTO `bep_admin_menu` (`id`, `name`, `slug`, `link`, `parent_id`, `resource_id`, `order`, `locked`) VALUES
(1, 'Dashboard', 'dashboard', 'dashboard', NULL, NULL, 1, 0),
(2, 'System', 'system', NULL, NULL, NULL, 2, 0),
(3, 'Members', 'members', 'user/members', 2, NULL, 2, 0),
(4, 'Access Permissions', 'access_permissions', 'access', 2, NULL, 1, 0),
(5, 'Preferences', 'preferences', 'preference', 2, 3, 3, 0);

On the permission issue I have found a few bugs in the JS which changes the access permissions. Are you by any chance using chrome?

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1269030354"]application/libraries/loader.php[/quote]

worked fine. Thanks

[eluser]MesmerLab[/eluser]
Hi adamp1,

I'll have to say I'm excited about your admin tool. I read about the first 20 pages, then skipped to the end and read the last 3 pages. So forgive me if I'm asking about things previously covered.

I'll describe my intended application. I hope you can let me know if your work will help me achieve my goals.

1. Authentication, multiple levels (guest, member, bronze, silver, gold, moderator, admin)

2. Each account must have unique data in the same tables. I'm building a site to track construction projects. So each member will have their own data, but share tables with other members. Most every authentication stuff I've found is for global access. I don't want the login to be like a door with a lock. I want it to be like a post office where everyone has their own stuff behind the password.

3. Add tables(pages) to the application easily. (I might have to hardcode this though)

I'll download the code you have at your svn link, and I'll see if I can install it into my existing application.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
1. Authentication, multiple levels (guest, member, bronze, silver, gold, moderator, admin)
This is possible by creating user groups. Then grant the groups access to different resources/actions

2. Each account must have unique data in the same tables. I'm building a site to track construction projects. So each member will have their own data, but share tables with other members. Most every authentication stuff I've found is for global access. I don't want the login to be like a door with a lock. I want it to be like a post office where everyone has their own stuff behind the password.
Well by default it comes with a user_profile table. All you would have to do is copy the format and in each other table store the user_id for each row. Then only fetch rows belonging to the user.

3. Add tables(pages) to the application easily. (I might have to hardcode this though)
This is just general CI stuff, BackendPro won't hinder you doing this. It will provide some nice features to help you like asset management/metadetails etc.

[eluser]alainm[/eluser]
adamp1:

Thanks for the table dump, hmm those match up perfect.. so the issue is not there.

would you know why when i client on the Members menu, if i look at the url it's 'user/member' then i goes to 'auth/login' and finally ends at 'dashboard. where i get presented with this access needs login.

I'm using firefox

what are you using?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB