Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
clip_gallery v0.4.0 available.. New Demo online!

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
Hello everyone nice to meet you all. I just started tinkering with CI just last week and I love it. I have developed a basic image gallery library.

There currently aren't many bells and whistles or admin interface. I invite you to test the demo gallery and leave feedback if you are interested in the release of the library.

At the moment I have yet to write any usage instructions / documentation. If I get enough positive feedback I will continue development and support for the project as time permits.

You can visit the demo gallery Here!

Nice to meet you all,

clip

[eluser]Firstrow[/eluser]
Very! Very nice and good work! Waiting for some public release.

[eluser]Amzad Hossain[/eluser]
Few months ago .. i was looking for one. Later i worked around with a customized one. But i am really looking forward to see and put my hands on ur public release.

Keep it up.. Smile

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
The first release is now available Here!.

Please view the documentation(incomplete) for basic usage. Constructive criticism is welcome.

[eluser]wwwald[/eluser]
Thanks a bunch!

I'll be testing it the coming days/weeks, will report back any issues or difficulties I encounter...

I would like to integrate some Lightbox script for the actual photo viewing, I'll share my code if I get something working.

Regards,
wwwald

[eluser]wwwald[/eluser]
REMARK: I'm pretty new to CI, so if my remarks don't make sense, please be gentle :-)

Anyway: in the CIG class constructor, gallery_root is already used to construct the cache_root_dir location. However, the user hasn't had the chance to set the gallery_root at this point.
Result: the cache dir will always be created with the default "albums/" name. If the user sets gallery_root to something else after loading the library, things go wrong.

I guess gallery_root should be passed to the class constructor, much like the "tw", "th", ... variables. Right?

Just shoot me if I'm babbling... just trying to help :-)

wwwald

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
[quote author="wwwald" date="1233635656"]REMARK: I'm pretty new to CI, so if my remarks don't make sense, please be gentle :-)

Anyway: in the CIG class constructor, gallery_root is already used to construct the cache_root_dir location. However, the user hasn't had the chance to set the gallery_root at this point.
Result: the cache dir will always be created with the default "albums/" name. If the user sets gallery_root to something else after loading the library, things go wrong.

I guess gallery_root should be passed to the class constructor, much like the "tw", "th", ... variables. Right?

Just shoot me if I'm babbling... just trying to help :-)

wwwald[/quote]

Thanks for pointing this out, you are absolutely correct. My intent is to not have the cache methods be called in the construct method. With the way it is now, there could be possible errors if there are in process image uploads if someone were to visit a gallery. I think I am going to make them public functions where they can be called say from a uri segment with something like:
Code:
gallery/do_cache
Then all that would be needed is to call the cache methods from your controller. Or you could just call the method from the controller construct method after loading the library. I think doing this would solve the issue you pointed out and the issue just realized from your observation. I will get the new version together ASAP.

Thanks for the catch.

If anyone else has any functionality you would like to see, or bugs to point out please post them here.

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
Version 0.2b now available. Documentation also updated to reflect the change in usage.

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
Hello everyone I just uploaded the newest version of the library. Visit the project page to get the latest copy. Surprisingly this has been downloaded many times but have not received much feedback. The latest release fixes many issues I have stumbled across and adds more flexibility.

[eluser]wwwald[/eluser]
Great stuff.

I used it in a soon-to-be-online project. One thing I noticed is some issues with url-encoding of album names, but that's probably a consequence of my own modifications.
I'll try to wrap some things up later to provide some feedback.

wwwald

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB