Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DataMapper 1.6.0

[eluser]Nabeel[/eluser]
Thanks for the reply. I usually write things "low level" within MVC, so the queries, templates, etc. I wrote a little framework I've been using commercially for a little while, but moving to something more prevalent is a good idea. At work we do most things 'in house' in-terms of framework, it's hard to sometimes 'bust out' of that thinking.

I'm using DataMapper now (well, DMZ), though it seems I've run into a bit of a roadblock with naming models. In IR, it's <table>_model, which works out well, since now I have naming conflicts between my controllers and models in some instances. I have a "schedules" controller, as well as "schedules_model". So I specified the table name... no problem there. But since the join column is <model name>_id, I can't do schedules_model_id (unless I've misunderstood how that works). I'm still messing with it a bit

Oye.

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
I think the docs are fairly clear, but this is how it works for the model Schedule:

PHP Class: Schedule
DM "Model": schedule
Table name: schedules
FK names: schedule_id
Many-to-many table related to User: schedules_users (cols: id, schedule_id, user_id)
Many-to-many table related to Event: events_schedules (cols: id, event_id, schedule_id)
Many-to-one related to Alarm (schedule has many alarms): add schedule_id to the table alarms
One-to-many related to Account (account has many schedules): add account_id to the table schedules

Now, because the model is called Schedule, you cannot have a controller called Schedule, otherwise the names would collide. The recommended format is to pluralize your controllers, Schedules. If that doesn't work(i.e.: like Moose or Deer), then you'll need to rename either the model or the controller.

If you need to override the names, say for a class called Address (a common problem), there are two properties in the model you can override: $table and $model:
Code:
class Address extends DataMapper {
    var $table = 'addresses'; // table name
    var $model = 'address'; // used for column names, like address_id
    // continue on with the class definition
}
Most of the time, DM will figure out the names correctly.

* This all assumes you are not using a prefix on tables or join tables (but those are easy, just add them as prefixes).
† DMZ only, otherwise use the many-to-many format.

[eluser]Nabeel[/eluser]
Thanks for all the information! Sometimes its a little tough for me to parse the documentation, gonna go at it again today. Appreciate it!

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
@OverZealous
Ok well the query part works... However I can't get the data... I think im just being stupid or something lol...

but foreach ($problem as $pro) does not work as well as $problem->result() as $row dosnt work...

Don't forget it is foreach($problem->all as $pro). You are using a DataMapper generated result with my example.

LOL told ya it was something stupid like that lol..

That fixed it btw...

Also have to change the where_in_related_problems to where_in... the first one didn't work for some reason.

Is there anyways to grab the last ID inserted?

for example I am creating a new entry into the database, however I need to use the ID right after I create it. Is there a way to get this? (I looked through the userguide and I could not find anything about it... I did however just scan the pages...)

The object you call save() on contains the last ID. IE:

Code:
$u = new User();
$u->name = 'John Doe';
$u->save();

echo $u->id;

This allows you to use a saved object immediately, as well.

sick! Thanks for the answer saves some time rather than recreating the object...

FYI, DataMapper just rides on top of CodeIgniter's Database classes. Therefore, you can always find the last insert ID using $u->db->insert_id(), as well as using any of the other database methods. (However, you need to be contained within a transaction to ensure that the correct insert_id, as concurrent inserts can incorrectly change the value.)

Also, the insert information for DataMapper is outlined here, right at the top.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB