Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library)

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
history seems to delete both, I notice it does the same thing on the codeigniter forum.

Have you noticed when you use the recaptcha, and set it to something other than custom that it shows the captcoa above the form?

http://dev3.digitalfusionstudios.ca/auth/register

[eluser]ericbae[/eluser]
Very nice. Been looking through your code. It seems very solid + flexible enough. THANKS!

[eluser]Gromozeka[/eluser]
Ok, I see. That's right, after you clear history (as a part of private browsing session, for example) the autologin doesn't work.
Otherwise browsing wouldn't be private. Smile

[quote author="megabyte" date="1258106197"]Have you noticed when you use the recaptcha, and set it to something other than custom that it shows the captcoa above the form?

http://dev3.digitalfusionstudios.ca/auth/register[/quote]

Yes, on your page I see it above the form. Don't know why. Probably the problem is in view or CSS-styles.

Here is my example:
http://fs.lifetweak.ru/auth/register

if I use the custom captcha theme i get the same as you. Change your theme to "clean" and see what happens.

Hmm, I see.
Sorry, I am not well aware of the reCAPTCHA library to answer your question now. It needs more research.

When adding recaptcha support to tank_auth I followed API documentation at http://recaptcha.net/apidocs/captcha/client.html Maybe your question already answered there?

[eluser]tunesmith[/eluser]
Just wanted to echo that I think it would be helpful for the library to allow non-activated users to use the forgot password functionality. Otherwise, if a user registers but doesn't receive or misplaces their activation email, they're dead in the water. They can't delete, re-register, re-send the activation email, or use the forgot password functionality. (The forgot password functionality tells them that the email doesn't exist, while the register functionality tells them it already exists - confusing.)

In the meantime, this reply tells us how to code in support for the library (hooray forums! Smile ) - but chalk this up as another vote to officially support this option.

[quote author="tunesmith" date="1258293530"]Just wanted to echo that I think it would be helpful for the library to allow non-activated users to use the forgot password functionality. Otherwise, if a user registers but doesn't receive or misplaces their activation email, they're dead in the water. They can't delete, re-register, re-send the activation email, or use the forgot password functionality. (The forgot password functionality tells them that the email doesn't exist, while the register functionality tells them it already exists - confusing.)

In the meantime, this reply tells us how to code in support for the library (hooray forums! Smile ) - but chalk this up as another vote to officially support this option.[/quote]

Ok, ok, I agree with you guys. It's really silly when you can't do anything with your account because of missed activation email and forgotten password.

I've just added such option, please check the newest version of the library - 1.0.6. In this version if non-activated user forgot his password then he may reset it using "Forgot password" feature as well as user with activated account. Clicking a link in resetting password email will activate user account as well as ordinary activation email.

Only 3 files were changed: controllers/auth.php, libraries/Tank_auth.php, models/tank_auth/users.php. Database isn't affected.

Download library in a zip-file from official site
Download library from SVN repository

[eluser]674DBK[/eluser]
hi,,

i have problem.. with this.. im cannot load library file from :

System->Application->libraries->Tank_auth.php

"Unable to load the requested class: Tank_auth"

can anyone help me..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB