Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Separation - PHP5 (Modules)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="Schneider707" date="1274345595"]Getting the following error:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting '(' in /nfs/c04/h04/mnt/***/***/***/html/ci/application/libraries/MY_Router.php  on line 7

Fresh install. MS files located in application/libraries.

Also created:
/modules
/modules/backend
/modules/backend/controller
/modules/backend/controller/backend.php

backend.php --

Code:
<?php

class Backend extends Controller{

function __construct(){
        parent::__construct();    
    }

function index(){
        echo "test test";
    }

}

Any ideas? I didn't see anything in the previous posts with a problem like this. I'm waiting to get home to try it on my PC to see if its a server/Media Temple issue.[/quote]

Which version are you using? Is it my 1.12?

If so paste in line 7 so we can see whats going on here.

[eluser]Schneider707[/eluser]
Using 1.12 downloaded from the wiki page.

Lines 7,8,9 :
Quote:Modules::$locations = array(
APPPATH.'modules/' => '../modules/',
);

Line 7 is just:
Code:
Modules::$locations = array(

Anyone have an idea? I can replicate this now on xammp and my friends BlueHost server.

Each time its a clean install, libraries placed in application/libraries. Error happens either with or without pulling the applications folder out of system (not sure how that would matter).

My server was running php4 for the particular domain I was working on...

After changing it to php 5 it worked, although I have no idea why the php version for this domain was different than the others.

I guess thats what I get for not reading the errors more carefully...

[eluser]bennyhill[/eluser]
How can I autoload a library that is in a module from the application/config/autoload.php? I tried for example, 'auth/ion_auth' but it says the file doesn't exist. If I load it from the auth controller in the module it works fine.

[quote author="bennyhill" date="1275336522"]How can I autoload a library that is in a module from the application/config/autoload.php? I tried for example, 'auth/ion_auth' but it says the file doesn't exist. If I load it from the auth controller in the module it works fine.[/quote]

Nevermind I caught my mistake.

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
Since this is a community it would be nice if you described HOW you solved it.
Saves alot of time for the people reading this...

Yeah it was a dumb mistake. In the ion_auth library, where it's loading it's config and language files, you have to put the module name in there.
$this->load->config("auth/ion_auth"). Newbie mistake.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="umefarooq" date="1265207822"]Hi @wiredesignz you library is really good and working fine for me but i have some problem which im facing with modular separation is that is not calling member function of MY_Language and MY_Config of any other library is using. it always checking MX_Language and MX_Config classes in you MY_Loader library. i have check the modular separation with following library

http://maestric.com/doc/php/codeigniter_i18n

How can we solve this problem

EDITED
i have fixed it by extended your MX_Language and MX_Config class with MY_Lanugage and MY_Config file just want to confirm is OK to do so.[/quote]

I am also using the jerome i18n library with Modular Separation, but it doesn't seem to work. What's your solution? Could you paste your code here?

I tried to extending MY_Language and MY_Config as you said, but, the page crashes because it can't find MX_Config...

EDIT: Sorry, I read your post wrong. I was extending MY_Language, not MX_Language. It was my mistake. Thank you anyway.

[eluser]drale2k[/eluser]
Hey, this sound nice but can i consider it as "stable". I see some people having still problems getting it work with their apps so i`d like to know if it is ready to be used in real projects?

However, i will give it a try anyway, thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB