Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
looking for a CI based PHP Storefront

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="got 2 doodle" date="1253333148"]sounds like I need to look at OpenCart Smile

doodle[/quote]

The last time I played with opencart (a year or two back) the author completely took out the ability to rewrite the url. He is often rude in the forums when people ask for requests also. A bit of a turnoff. But...it's put together so well you can just write your own customizations in. So I would recommend it in spite of myself. Smile

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
If you're really up for the challenge of coding a basic cart in CodeIgniter, check out Professional CodeIgniter by Thomas Myer. The book has a few bugs that you have to figure out how to fix - a lot of them are documented in the errata on the Wrox website, but, it is an entire book devoted to creating a shopping cart in CI.

Even if you don't buy it with the intention building a cart, you'll learn some good stuff.

[eluser]Brokenegg.wb[/eluser]
Hey guys,
I'm still poking around but open cart seems to be the leading candidate at this point... i also wanted to drop you guys a line on this bit of Script that i found, it allows you to run a Query, then sort it out onto multiple pages, great bit of work for a catalog search function.

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
Wow, OpenCart looks really nice. Every time I look at pre-made stuff like that I always find too many things wrong. But I just tested that system and it looks perfect for managing a small < 400 product store. Even the default theme is nice!

Thanks for the mention.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB