Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Deprecated] DMZ 1.6.2 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition)

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
@michael Ditto

What about bookmarking the page you use? ;-) I have two reasons for not breaking them out:

1) The TOC is already getting pretty busy.

2) I don't really like supporting the extensions, so I hide them. :-)

--------------------

Thanks for the suggestions.

As for Komodo - $300 is a bit steep for me right now. My budget currently limits me to software that costs $0 or less. Smile

I downloaded and tried Unison before I began writing my own. I can't remember what I didn't like about it. I've looked over the docs again, and it seems like I might be able to use it. But I remember feeling there was some serious shortcomings in it. (Part of it is NIH-syndrome, of course.)

[eluser]cube1893[/eluser]
Thanks. I'm learning more every day - your plugin is awesome!

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
[quote author="Michael Ditto" date="1261094491"]Minor documentation request-- there's a lot of power in the included extensions, and I find myself RTFM'ing them a lot. It would be nice to see those listed in the table of contents under a section to make them easier to find, rather than having them just linked from the "Included extensions" item of the "extending DataMapper" section.

My carpal tunnel wrist would bless you a thousand different ways for the reduced mouse clickage. :-)[/quote]

Make some book marks for yourself! (click and drag to the bookmark bar or Ctrl+d in windows splat+d mac)

[eluser]Michael Ditto[/eluser]
[quote author="tdktank59" date="1261136183"]Make some book marks for yourself! (click and drag to the bookmark bar or Ctrl+d in windows splat+d mac)[/quote]

Thanks, I actually do know how a browser works. My main point was that this is good functionality that's hard to find the documentation for.

[quote author="Michael Ditto" date="1261186966"][quote author="tdktank59" date="1261136183"]Make some book marks for yourself! (click and drag to the bookmark bar or Ctrl+d in windows splat+d mac)[/quote]

Thanks, I actually do know how a browser works. My main point was that this is good functionality that's hard to find the documentation for.[/quote]

Wasn't trying to say your dumb... The fact that you are using this and programming shows you have at least the basics of computers down!

Yeah but it is linked under extensions...
In my mind the extensions are a extra thing.
Its the same concept with CI, all these libraries we are using are in a way extensions. You dont see them in CIs user guide

Not to argue they are great things to have. I use the HTML/Array extension when I can!

[eluser]Michael Ditto[/eluser]
[quote author="TheJim" date="1260939576"]
Code:
(Line 1400)
    function _delete($related_field, $arguments)
    {
        $this->delete($arguments[0], $related_field);
    }

This should have a return so we pass through the success/failure when deleting relations.[/quote]

I was just about to make the same observation. This manifested itself in the case of deleting a required relation and then saving the object with a new relation. The result of the save was an error that the relation was required, even though the operation was saving the relation. Simple fix that vexed me for more time than it should have had I noticed your post first. :-)

To clarify for the next hapless sap like me, that function should be modified thusly:

Code:
(Line 1400)
    function _delete($related_field, $arguments)
    {
        return ($this->delete($arguments[0], $related_field));
    }

So im having some issues with muti lingual stuff...

Under the validation im trying to use my method from the language class that looks up translations for labels.

Code:
var $validation = array(
        'username' => array(
            'rules' => array(
                'required',
                'trim',
                'min_length' => 4,
                'max_length' => 25,
                'unique'
            ),
            'label' => $this->lang->db_line('username')
        ),
[excerpt...]

For some reason it is throwing the error
Quote:[21-Dec-2009 00:28:35] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in {site_url}/application/models/user/user.php on line 60

yet nothing looks wrong...

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
@tdktank59
You cannot use $this outside of an instantiated object. Look at your code. The place you are in is before the Object (the model) has been created.

If you want to dynamically assign language-based labels, you'll have to do them within the object constructor (__construct), before you call parent::__construct().

At some point in the future I'll add in language-based labels. Make sure you are not using the production cache with language based labels. They will be cached as whatever language you start with.

[quote author="OverZealous" date="1261408443"]@tdktank59
You cannot use $this outside of an instantiated object. Look at your code. The place you are in is before the Object (the model) has been created.

If you want to dynamically assign language-based labels, you'll have to do them within the object constructor (__construct), before you call parent::__construct().

At some point in the future I'll add in language-based labels. Make sure you are not using the production cache with language based labels. They will be cached as whatever language you start with.[/quote]

Yeah cache is off at the moment due to the fact that im still in development.

This is in the model... and yes PHP5 is on
Ill make a work around some how... Need to be able to display error messages with the translated values... (BTW I posted up the Spanish Version of the lang file.)
Code:
function __construct($id = NULL)
    {
        parent::__construct($id);
    }

[eluser]The Hamburgler[/eluser]
I've had this issue before when ever i've needed to call a function outside of a method. It seems to be a php limitation as I don't think "$this" exists until your class has been constructed.

Easiest way around it is to move the code into your class __construct()

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB