Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]Doudleptitfou[/eluser]
Hi Ben,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for the great job you have made with Ion Auth. Discovering the possibilites everyday, and I have to admit it helps me a lot with my projects !

Wanted to point something out though. In your language files, there is a missing tag :

Code:
$lang['login_unsuccessful_not_active'] = '';

Not sure if it has already pointed out, just wanted to mention it in case.

Anyway, here is the translation at least for French (since I am) :

Code:
$lang['login_unsuccessful_not_active'] = 'Ce compte est inactif. Veuillez contacter votre administrateur.';

Hope it helps Smile

[eluser]Matalina[/eluser]
[quote author="SlasHo" date="1336685350"]How do I set new groups to a user?

I'm using this:

Code:
$post_array = array(
                  'username' => 'username_name',
                  'email' => 'the email',
                  'password' => 'passtext',
                  'first_name' => 'name',
                  'last_name' => 'lname',
                  'phone' => '3692587',
                  'grupos' => Array
                                  ('2','3'));

$this->ion_auth->update($primary_key, $post_array);
but nothing happens. any idea?[/quote]

you are spelling groups wrong.

[eluser]SlasHo[/eluser]
[quote author="Matalina" date="1336742190"][quote author="SlasHo" date="1336685350"]How do I set new groups to a user?

I'm using this:

Code:
$post_array = array(
                  'username' => 'username_name',
                  'email' => 'the email',
                  'password' => 'passtext',
                  'first_name' => 'name',
                  'last_name' => 'lname',
                  'phone' => '3692587',
                  'grupos' => Array
                                  ('2','3'));

$this->ion_auth->update($primary_key, $post_array);
but nothing happens. any idea?[/quote]

you are spelling groups wrong.
[/quote]

I did corrected, tried: group, groups

with no results.

[eluser]nl_vinyl[/eluser]
I am starting work on an application that will house multiple company's with multiple users per company.

Depending on what company they work for and what their rights are different data will be loaded.

How suitable is Ion Auth for this? Is there an option for this within Ion Auth? Cause I am guessing the groups are ment for different right sets and not for say company separation?

[eluser]adityamenon[/eluser]
[quote author="nl_vinyl" date="1337760413"]I am starting work on an application that will house multiple company's with multiple users per company.

Depending on what company they work for and what their rights are different data will be loaded.

How suitable is Ion Auth for this? Is there an option for this within Ion Auth? Cause I am guessing the groups are ment for different right sets and not for say company separation?[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like you need another layer of separation on top of the existing groups. I don't imagine it's impossible to modify the library and model to make this work.

In addition, if you'd like a hacky solution, you can make different groups that have the company and rights builtin. It will be unwieldy, but you can get started immediately without modifying anything. Like instead of having two companies, MS and Apple with sub-groups like SysAdmins and Programmers; you'll have 4 groups MS_SysAdmins, MS_Programmers, Apple_SysAdmins, Apple_Programmers. Like I said, it's going to be unwieldy, but when things are urgent you gotta do something!

[eluser]nl_vinyl[/eluser]
Yeah I was thinking about that too, only was hoping a less "hacky" solution might be possible Smile

[eluser]rulin[/eluser]
If you have only one company per user you could add an extra column to the user table, or even use the existing Company column.
You'd just need to use something like
Code:
CONO = $this->ion_auth->user()->row()->company
in any table access.

[eluser]sevengraff[/eluser]
Hello friends, just started digging into ion_auth and it looks pretty great. Gonna save me some time.
I have a question on expanding data on the users. I need to have information on addresses for all my users. Street/city/state/zip, the usual stuff. Should I add these fields to the users table or make my own table for user data? If I make the fields non-null, will that break inserts when ion_auth creates users?

Edit:
I have a follow up question. Is it ok to use
Code:
$this->ion_auth->is_admin()
or other user checks in the constructor of a Controller? If the authorization check fails, I want to redirect the user right away, without having to put in a checking code at the top of all the methods in the controller class. Whats the best way to do this and avoid code duplication?

[eluser]gwelter[/eluser]
Funny, I was just about to go back through this thread to see if the additional-data question has been asked in the past. Have you already looked through some of the back-posts?

Regarding where to do security checks, I've been checking reading through a blog post on the subject:

http://jondavidjohn.com/blog/2011/01/sca...r-ion_auth

-Gus

[eluser]AlexMason[/eluser]
Emails are not being sent using the register function... it redirects me to the register page and says: Unable to Send Activation Email no other in depth errors or anything... really is pissing me off.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB