Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DataMapper ORM v1.8.0

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
@Basketcasesoftware,

Very good effort, and very close... Smile

Reciprocal relationships can only be defined for a self-relationship (altough technically it could be between any two tables).

The best example I can think of is in the area of genealogy.

Suppose you have a table with information about people, and you want to relate them (grandparent-parent-child etc). You always have to make the relation both ways, since it can't be that person A is the child of person B, but B is not the parent of A. If you define this relation as reciprocal, when you save the relation between A and B, automatically the relation between B and A is saved as well. Two INSERT queries are generated for the relationship table.

The same is true for deleting the relation.

I have added this example in the docs, I think it clearly describes the functionality.

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
It was somewhere between 3 and 4 am here when I was working on that reply. I figured you'd give a better example when you managed to get around to the subject. Your example actually brings up a question I have. The type of relation in your example depends on the direction of the relationship. Is there a way easily distinguish that fact? I have a vague idea, but nothing definite. A is Child of B, but B is Parent of A. A is Husband of B, but B is Wife of A.

[eluser]al3xandre[/eluser]
Hi Guys

Just a little question, I know how to retrieve the records and access to them through a loop :

Code:
$tmpPoint = new Point() ;
$tmpPoint->get() ;

foreach($tmpPoint as $pt) {
}

But how can I access to the first object ? something like $tmpPoint[0] but it doesn't work.

Thank you

[eluser]kupcza[/eluser]
Hi guys. I've got little problem. I'm using DataMapper to creating / editing users. But my 'users' table has no ID (I use user_id instead - this is because of DX_auth).

Well, here's the problem. When I'm trying to save user (just updating info), DataMapper thinks, that it's a new user.

My questions is, if there's some way how not to create extra column ID (which has same value like user_id) in users table.

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
I was thinking there was a configuration option for that. Nope. Maybe edit your copy of DX_Auth? That's a problem I've noticed with auth and access libraries here is the tight coupling to a specific database model...
Idea!

Watch this space. :coolgrin:

[eluser]cladff[/eluser]
Hi,

i use your nested set and i would like to know if somebody has a function to show a html list (<ul> <li>) for example with a tree?

Thanks in advance

[eluser]NeoArc[/eluser]
[quote author="al3xandre" date="1297824876"]Hi Guys

Just a little question, I know how to retrieve the records and access to them through a loop :

Code:
$tmpPoint = new Point() ;
$tmpPoint->get() ;

foreach($tmpPoint as $pt) {
}

But how can I access to the first object ? something like $tmpPoint[0] but it doesn't work.

Thank you[/quote]

get_iterated() doesn't work
get() works for me.

Sorry, I didn't post a working example:
Code:
echo $tmpPoint->x;

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
@NeoArc,

get_interated() fetches records one at the time, and is meant to be iterated over, in sequence, and not to access individual records. They are not populated in the object.

[eluser]NeoArc[/eluser]
Yeah, i noticed that : )

I think al3xandre is using get_iterated() instead of get(), that's why his script doesn't work.

[eluser]dirkpostma[/eluser]
Hi all,

I'm trying out Datamapper and I have a question about it.

I have created two simple models: Post and Topic. A topic is a collection of posts. For performance reasons, I would like to cache some values in the topic record, e.g. the first_post_id, last_post_id and number_of_posts. I tried to do this as follows:

Code:
class Topic extends DataMapper {

var $has_one = array(
      'first_post' => array('class' => 'post', 'other_field' => 'topic'),
      'last_post' => array('class' => 'post', 'other_field' => 'topic'),
  );

var $has_many = array(
    'post' => array('class' => 'post', 'other_field' => 'topic')
  );

var $validation = array(
        'title' => array('rules' => array('required', 'max_length' => 50, "my_update"), 'label' => 'Title'),
    'created' => array(),
    'updated' => array(),
    'posts' => array('label' => 'Posts', 'rules' => array('my_update')),
    'first_post' => array('label' => "First post"),
    'last_post' => array('label' => "Last post"),
    );

function __construct($id = NULL)
    {
        parent::__construct($id);
  }

function _my_update($field)
  {
    // Determine & save last_post and first_post based on their time
    echo "IN Topic:: _my_update<br>\n";

// get_clone() is needed, otherwise $first_post is the same as $last_post
    $first_post = $this->posts->order_by('created')->limit(1)->get()->get_clone();
    $last_post = $this->posts->order_by('created', 'desc')->limit(1)->get()->get_clone();

// TODO: find out why this doesn't work
    $result = $this->save(array('first_post' => $first_post,'last_post' => $last_post));

if ($result) {
      echo "first- and last_post saved<br>\n";
    } else {
      echo "Error: [" . $this->error->string . "]<br>\n";
    }
  }
}

As the comments in the code make clear: this doesn't work. However, when I do it in the controller, it DOES work:

Code:
function test_datamapper()
  {
    $t = new Topic(1);
    $t->title = "Testtopic " . rand();

if ($t->save()) {
      echo "Topic saved " .$t->id. "<br>\n";
    } else {
      echo "Error: " . $t->error->string . "<br>\n";
    }

$p = new Post();
    $p->body = "This is a test " . rand();

if ($p->save($t)) {
      echo "Post saved with related topic<br>\n";
    } else {
      echo $p->error->string;
    }

$this->_update_topic($t);

}

function _update_topic($t)
  {
    // I would like to put this in model, but that doesn't work
    echo "IN Test_controller:: _update_topic<br>\n";

$first_post = $t->posts->order_by('created')->limit(1)->get();
    $last_post = $t->posts->order_by('created', 'desc')->limit(1)->get();
    if ($t->save(array(
        'first_post' => $first_post,
        'last_post' => $last_post)
    )) {
      echo "topic updated!";
    } else {
      echo "Error:" . $t->error->string . "<br>\n";
    }
  }

I think this should not be done in the controller, but in the model, but, I can't get it working. Can anyone explain this? Thank you very much!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB