Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Authentication 1.4a (24th July 2008)

[eluser]jonnyleeharris[/eluser]
Thanks a lot. Done that - got it working.

Just wondering if during the registration process, error information is recorded to the flashdata to be outputted to the user if required? I've looked at the usage in the login and tried to access flashdata['status'] during a registration and it seems to be empty. How can one access the error information based on the validation rules during a registration?

Thanks a lot. Also, this library is really useful, I thank your efforts!

Code:
public function get_username($id)
        {        
            $i = $this->ci->db->select('username')->from($this->users_table)->where('id', $id)->limit(1)->get();
            $row = $i->row();                                          
            return $row->username;
        }

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
The registration does not deal with flash data. Normal callbacks and verification should be ok. If for some reason it fails it will return false

Code:
$reg = $this->redux->reg ...

if ($reg === false)
{
    # etc ...
}

It should be available after you redirect to another controller using the "redirect" helper.

Also, with the code you posted above, you'll want to make sure that a result is returned.

Code:
return $var = ($i->num_rows() > 0) ? $i->row() : false;

Thanks a lot.

Is there any way I can inform the user of what validation rule they haven't passed? I'm looking into this now, I'm a CI novice... Tongue I thought I might aswell ask you while you're here! Thanks

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Validation Class Smile

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ation.html

Thanks, I seemed to have solved how to do it, but have hit a speed bump as always - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Yes yes yes! Solved.

Thanks for your help.

How do I go about stopping the echoed information to the screen upon a registration? Rather than redirect at this stage I want to load in a page informing the user that their registration has been successful. Using the example provided it shows to redirect to another page, however, that means that the registration success message would be available to anyone who typed the corresponding URI into the browser - I'd rather it flow to another page - ie load up a view with the success upon meeting the certain params in the function.

Thanks

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Just replace "redirect()" with "$this->load->view("viewfile")";

[quote author="Popcorn" date="1213154138"]Just replace "redirect()" with "$this->load->view("viewfile")";[/quote]

I've done that, what I mean is that when I load a view, I get some echoed information before the view is loaded at the top of the page. Any ideas?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Can you paste me the echoed information?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB