Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Not currently no, suppose I could set something up to do this. Would be nice on my part to see how many people are watching it.

[eluser]Lyma[/eluser]
Can i use this lib with postgresql?

Thanks in advance and congratulations for the good job.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
You should be able to, just need to convert the SQL expressions used in the install to PostGreSQL. Give it a go and let people know how you got on.

[eluser]moleculezz[/eluser]
Hello,

I was doing some reading about the numerous authorization libraries that there are here. I want to use one for a real production environment and from what I read it came down to "BackendPro" or "DX Auth".

My question is:
Is "BackendPro" stable enough to use in a production environment?

I'm leaning more towards "BackendPro" because I see that it's still really active as opposed to "DX Auth" which hasn't been worked on for quite some time now. But I am worried that it's not mature enough for production use.

Here's my case:
I'm working on a sports club web site which consists of basketball, softball and baseball. For each sport there are different divisions and for each division there can be multiple teams.
So I will need different level of access to the website.
- Anonymous (access to basic website)
- Member (will only be able to change his own profile)
- Team Admin (will be able to edit a particular team. This would be like a team coach)
- Sport Admin (will be able to edit all teams in a particular sport etc)
- Super Admin (able to do all things that the other groups can do plus more)

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Well I am currently using it for several websites at the moment and it hasn't broken on me. I know others are using it also at the moment. I don't want to give any website examples away since if there is a bug or flaw I don't want someone to be able to know its using CI and BackendPro and possible compromise the security of the site. I am just starting a major new website built on BackendPro, which requires some upgrades to the system, so expect some new releases soon.

At the moment it is still in beta (but this is really only because I want to make sure its reliable before moving it to 1.0). It is now over a year old so it has been around a while and use quite a bit.

Best thing you could do is possible contact some people who have posted here who are using it, ask them some questions (I am sure they would reply).

What do you think about my case. Would this library apply to what I want to accomplish?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes this by the sounds of things would be perfect for the ACL feature. You would setup resources to guard the edit features and then create the user groups. Then just say what user group has access to what resource.

Login to my Demo BackendPro app on my site and have a play around if you want.

Just so you know this is exactly the sort of site my new project is (not a sport one). It requires users to view it, members which can add stuff but which has to be approved by a moderator. Moderators to well moderate the content, then admins to do all the lower level work. If there is something in BackendPro which I need for the new project, it will be in a new release of BackendPro very shortly.

Thank you for clarifying my questions. I will give it a shot, and will report back how the implementation went.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Great news to hear, let me know how it goes.

I have one issue that I don't know that will work.

Let's say I create a team and I add new players to the team. Or if I import data from an old team which is no longer existing (inactive players or members). These members will not need login information or will not have email addresses. So only thing that will be needed is their profile information to display in certain places like "Archive".

Is this at all possible with "BackendPro" ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB