Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]dinhtrung[/eluser]
What a wonderful pre-build application! I love BackEndPro implementation. Clear and simple enough to get it work and do adjustments.
One minor suggestion for icons: You should use BlueprintCSS silksprites plugins to add more icons for the site.
For newbie like me, BEP helps alot!

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Adam... one (silly, dumb) question:

1. I've worked my application the way I'm used to. My views are organized and divided inside the system/application/views folder, etc. I mean, I didn't learn your view format, structure, etc.

2. I've done each controller to inherit: "...extends Public_Controller"

3. I do the checking in each controller function, and this works perfect
Code:
if( check('Resource','Action') ) {

My questions are

1. How can I make login form to redirect to my app's home?, or to control panel home? depending on user level?

2. How can i change the login form look (and panel look) so they see like my whole app (in case this doesn't demand lot of work)?

Thanks a lot

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
1. You need to set the uri's in the modules/auth/config/userlib.php, There is an example in there.
2. The login form is easy. Just change the views in the modules/auth/views to look like you want, since your not using my View format you will also need to change the public container/footer/header views, (since your not using mine changing these won't do any harm). Changing the control panel should be as easy and doing a new style sheet and changing about some of the views if you require a slightly different html format.

[eluser]sebas[/eluser]
Great work Adam. I just found out about BackendPro today. I've installed BackendPro without any errors and created new ACL groups.

I do have a problem with saving the e-mail preferences. When I click save after entering the e-mail settings I get the following error:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: models/base_model.php

Line Number: 120
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home45a/sub005/sc33075-DHAS/divehub/system/libraries/Exceptions.php:166)

Filename: codeigniter/Common.php

Line Number: 360
A Database Error Occurred

You must set the database table to be used with your query.

I've checked the database and I do have a table called be_preferences. Do you know what's going wrong?

I've installed the latest version of CodeIgniter and BackendPro and I'm on a Linux/Apache server with PHP 5.2.42 installed.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1255521629"]Right issue seems to be have been a typo in the last update.

To fix please do the following:
Open modules/preferences/models/preference_model.php.

1) The class is defined as
Code:
class Preference_model extends Base_model
please change this to
Code:
class Preference_model extends Model

2) In the constructor please change
Code:
parent::Base_model();
to
Code:
parent::Model();

3) Scroll down to set_item and replace its contents with the following
Code:
if( is_null($name))
        {
            return false;
        }

$this->preferenceCache[$name] = $value;

if( is_array($value))
        {
            $value = $this->object_keyword . serialize($value);
        }

$this->db->where('name', $name);
        return $this->db->update(PREFERENCES, array('value'=>$value));

That should fix it.[/quote]

[eluser]sebas[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1258064751"][quote author="adamp1" date="1255521629"]Right issue seems to be have been a typo in the last update.

To fix please do the following:
Open modules/preferences/models/preference_model.php.

1) The class is defined as
Code:
class Preference_model extends Base_model
please change this to
Code:
class Preference_model extends Model

2) In the constructor please change
Code:
parent::Base_model();
to
Code:
parent::Model();

3) Scroll down to set_item and replace its contents with the following
Code:
if( is_null($name))
        {
            return false;
        }

$this->preferenceCache[$name] = $value;

if( is_array($value))
        {
            $value = $this->object_keyword . serialize($value);
        }

$this->db->where('name', $name);
        return $this->db->update(PREFERENCES, array('value'=>$value));

That should fix it.[/quote][/quote]

It works Smile Thank you for your quick reply.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi Adam
I've got a couple of dumb questions

1) In a "Public_Controller" descendant controller... How can I get the current user logged in, his userGroup name, and send these to the view?

2) Is there any info in bp_user_guide about setting up a profile table where I could store user name, address, phone, etc.?

Thanks,

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
1) In a "Public_Controller" descendant controller... How can I get the current user logged in, his userGroup name, and send these to the view?
This information is stored in the session so, $this->session->userdata('user') should get you an array of the details which are stored. I am not sure if group name is one of them you will have to have a look.

2) Is there any info in bp_user_guide about setting up a profile table where I could store user name, address, phone, etc.?
Please the the Custom User Profiles section on the page http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/backendpro/user_...rauth.html

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
A bit of news for everyone. As its coming near Christmas I hope I can release some screen-shots, sadly nothing physical yet of the new BackendPro 1.0 RC1 just to show you of what's to come.

The main aim of the 1.0 release is to finally push the code out of its alpha stages (which it has been in for quite some time now) as well as introduce a brand new UI and improved features. One key design idea I have tried to keep to is to make upgrading between BackendPro versions a lot easier (which I know in the past as been a bit of a black art).

So look forward to the next month when I will be releasing some screen-shots of what is to come.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1259687752"]This information is stored in the session so, $this->session->userdata('user') should get you an array of the details which are stored...[/quote]

I did an echo in the view, but it doesn't echo anything
Code:
<?
echo "user_info: ";
print_r($this->session->userdata("user"));
echo " :end_info<br />";
?&gt;

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB