Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Appunto-Auth - Authorization and User Management Library

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 12:06 PM by bclinton.)

Hello!

I'd like to announce the release of Appunto-Auth, an Authorization and User Management Library for CodeIgniter 2.

Appunto-Auth is different than other authorization libraries in several ways.  First of all, it performs authorization in a hook before your controller functions are ever called, keeping your controller classes and functions free from repeated calls to authorization functions. 

It also implements a simple ACL with users, roles, and permissions.  Permissions can be assigned to your application paths, and these permissions are then granted to users, or to groups of users who share a common role.   It offers a rich administrative interface for the management of your users, roles, permissions and paths.

All of the visible text in the admin interface and in the system messages are drawn from language files so you can convert it to your native language.  It comes with a Portuguese language version and there is a demo of this version at the website.  You will find instructions for translating Appunto-Auth in the README.md file.   If you do translate Appunto-Auth, please send me the converted language files and I will include them in future releases.

Please stop by the website at http://appunto.net/appunto-auth/ and check it out.  There are several videos, including an introduction video and an installation walk-through video.  Both of these are around 7 minutes long.

The website also has two demo versions (English and Portuguese), a download link, and a link to the GitHub repository at https://github.com/BillClinton/Appunto-Auth .  Read the README.md at GitHub for more detailed information.

I welcome feedback.  Please let me know if you find any bugs, especially security issues, or if you have any suggestions for future improvements

Messages In This Thread
Appunto-Auth - Authorization and User Management Library - by bclinton - 11-15-2014, 11:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB