Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="joeizang" date="1255412906"]Hi phil,

I am just getting through my first CI project and I love it and then, pyrocms pops up on one of my searches and I am glad it's codeigniter all the way. I am a relative NOOB to coding generally and I have never used a CMS before but I have a question for you. I was approached today by a prospective client wanting something web based and custom fitted to manage a small business of hers and I was looking at pyro for this. she wants sales captured, inventory managed that sort of thing, is pyro the tool I should be looking at? i see there are inventory sections to pyro thus the reason I ask. I noticed too that there are not tutorials on using pyrocms, will that come soon?
Sorry I have too many questions.

JOe[/quote]

While PyroCMS is currently very useable for client and personal sites, with the lack of documentation and tutorials it makes custom module and theme development rather tricky.

I planned on getting PyroCMS to v1.0 before I work on the documentation, the problem being that It has taken much longer to get there than I planned. Hopefully our support forums wont be much longer so we can start making tutorials and support requests on there.

My recommendation would be to give it a try, see how you get on then try a custom approach if you make little progress. The lack of documentation sucks balls, major balls, but it will be around someday.

Messages In This Thread
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - by El Forum - 10-13-2009, 04:29 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB