Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
calendar plugin

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
interesting reading. i like the fact that you are creating alternatives to the CI classes - they need some fresh insight!

first impression? dense code that looks smaller and more concise than the CI class even though it handles year, month, week, and day output. your coding style is quite a bit different than mine so i always learn a lot trying to "translate" it. ;-)

however, as you note in your example about using the month output it puts the onus on the developer to code up a proper table structure and fill it with all the right variables and ternary operators. the CI class has a template that creates a "common ground" for designers and coders to work together. it's annoying to have HTML outside of the view. but, in the case of generating the calendar, it works because it de-clutters the view code and makes the logic explicit (and named with template tags).

also, the month code above "hangs" the data on keys that are determined by the day number of the month. this creates problems if you want to display data in a month but show the data from the end of the previous month or the beginning of the next month.

i've been disappointed with the CI calendar class for a while. it doesn't seem like it is ever going to get fixed, so i began an object oriented version. your contribution spurred me to post it to the wiki. http://codeigniter.com/wiki/OOCalendar/

thanks!

Messages In This Thread
calendar plugin - by El Forum - 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM
calendar plugin - by El Forum - 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM
calendar plugin - by El Forum - 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
calendar plugin - by El Forum - 04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
calendar plugin - by El Forum - 04-04-2009, 01:00 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB