Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
@bargainph : That is the fundamuntal of my idea, everybody can code on CodeIgniter and beeing pay for a website, but how much of them are really web professionals ? I think you can lower your % to 30% maximum. Also defining what is a CodeIgniter pro or not is part of another discussion that we can have once the idea start becoming more concrete.

@Mike: As said in my post, I have not even a wireframe of what it can be, it's just an idea that I through over the forum to see if it can be interesting and which reactions do we get back on it, then discuss about it, then also getting the position of Ellislab is important for us, and finally if a small group of people want to start the idea with me, I am fully open.

You are saying me the words "Improving the community". The goal of this idea is NOT to improve the actual CI community, it is good enough as is. The goal would be to make a side network for and only for professionals, and also for clients to find quality professionals, because I see on Google there is more and more demand and people on sites like Odesk and other freelancers sites using CodeIgniter. That was not the case 2 years ago, there was a great evolution and a more and more of CI professional users. So unless Ellislab don't want take parts of this project, it would be to make it on another domain name, another server, etc...

Also to answer more on your question, it will have to be a commercial project, not to win a lot of money on top of it, but more to cover the fees around the project and also to motivate a bit the team that will manage it, because when you do things for free, almost all projects fail after a certain time, see for example all CMS's that have been developped here around, which of them can you really define as professional ? If there is a kind of company backed to a project, things and discussions are different and more professionalized.

I can imagine that every professionals would have to pay a small annual fee to get the ability to use the "CodeIgniter Certified Professional" label. But like I told, this idea need to be brainstormed if there is a potential around it.

Messages In This Thread
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network - by El Forum - 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM