Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
translation doesn't work with second field name in "matches" validation rule

[eluser]Jow272[/eluser]
jpi, thanx for the idea. I did some research in that direction but I'm pretty sure the translation file is working correct. :down:

In my situation I have a join page in which I amongst others, validate

1. an e-mail field with: 'trim|required|valid_email|max_length[150]|callback_mail_address_exists_check|xss_clean'

2. a conformation e-mail field with: 'trim|required|matches[mail_address]|xss_clean'

3. a password field with: 'required|min_length[4]|max_length[32]|md5' and

4. a conformation password field with: 'required|matches[password]'

Now, when I enter a wrong e-mail address or a password that is to short, the validation responce is correct: 'The E-mailaddress field must contain a valid email address.' or 'The Password field must be at least 4 characters in length.'.

So in this situation the language return is correct and that lets me believe there is nothing wrong with the language return. Only after I enter two different mail addresses or two different passwords I get the corrupted message: 'The Repeat mailaddress field does not match the lang:view_mailaddress field.' or 'The Repeat password field does not match the lang:view_password field.' respectively.

So in the first case the lang:view_mailaddress and lang:view_password strings are correctly translated and in the second case they are not whilst the first %s in the second case did translate correctly.

Maybe other ideas or any other directions in which I can search?

Best regards,
Michel

Messages In This Thread
translation doesn't work with second field name in "matches" validation rule - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB