Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
File upload then store in database with title and description

[eluser]patrick-vibes[/eluser]
Hi Folks,

I am using the basic file upload procedure as per the manual to upload files - this is working great and nice and simple, however -

After the file has uploaded (images) I want to then pass the full_path into a hidden form field on the success page and have two other fields, one for the "title" of the image and another for the "description" - after the user has entered this information they then submit it and it is stored in a mysql table called "images".

Could someone offer some advice, there is no real clear example that I can find for such a request and the forum post I found relating to just passing the full_path into a table doesn't really explain.

Is my approach the best method - uploading then offering the title and description (and hidden path) fields? Or would it be better to do it another way, i.e. offering the title and description and upload function on one upload page and doing it all from that?

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
File upload then store in database with title and description - by El Forum - 05-17-2009, 07:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB