Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI compile cache?

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1244906907"]Compile cache? vps4 are those just two words you stick together to get a reaction from the forum members.

If you cache a page on your server it is a single entity. From the cache class user guide page
Quote:Caching can be enabled on a per-page basis, and you can set the length of time that a page should remain cached before being refreshed. When a page is loaded for the first time, the cache file will be written to your system/cache folder. On subsequent page loads the cache file will be retrieved and sent to the requesting user's browser. If it has expired, it will be deleted and refreshed before being sent to the browser.

So it doesn't matte how many files you include in a controller method if you have some kind of cache system.

You wrote you use an ajax request to load the changing data so you can show 'stale' data at first because it will be overwritten with fresh data as soon as the ajax request takes over the output.

vps4 it seems you are scared about performance but you don't understand how the things work. I advise you to first find out how something works before you start complaining.[/quote]

I was thinking exactly the same. Besides, I don't think changing the cache system will increase the I/O performance, or any performance at all. Sure you'll be able to optimize it, but making it a billion times faster ?

Messages In This Thread
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-13-2009, 03:20 AM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-13-2009, 04:07 AM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-13-2009, 04:28 AM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-13-2009, 04:49 AM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-13-2009, 07:07 AM
CI compile cache? - by El Forum - 06-13-2009, 10:41 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB