Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IDE's with debuggers that actually work with CodeIgniter

[eluser]Myles Wakeham[/eluser]
OK, quick update. I got it working.

Here's the deal....

I could NOT get it to work with Netbeans 6.7.1. Any attempt with that version failed in being able to connect to port 9000 to hit xDebug. I found a few posts on the NetBeans forums about how to enable logging in NB and after doing that and analyzing the logs I could see that it was trying to connect to xDebug, but failing all the time. I then started up a small PHP script to get xDebug listening, and then did a port scan on my local computer for port 9000 using LANSpy and it immediately detected the incoming socket TCP port connect and responded back so I knew that xDebug was working ok.

I then decided to take a punt and checked some past posts about users who had gotten this to work. I noticed that they seemed to be using the NetBeans 6.5 release, so I found a download link to NB 6.5 RC2 and downloaded and installed it. Well golly gosh.... It worked perfect first time.

Yep, there is some sort of a bug with this in 6.7.1 from what I can tell. I can't seem to find any documentation as to why, but as soon as I rolled back a version or so, it all just started working.

I now have my CI code completely debuggable and its brilliant. Exactly what was promised is now being delivered. This is a new day, and I'm really full of hope of actually getting this project finally completed now.

Hope this info helps some other poor soul out at a later time.

Myles

Messages In This Thread
IDE's with debuggers that actually work with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB