Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to display the search terms people used to get on my site

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I might also recommend you just use Google Analytics. Its just a quick bit of code to stick on your pages and it gives you lots of easy to access information, especially incoming search queries.

If you needed to do this as a back office function with your code logic you could just record all referring URLs from external sites, then do a bit of string processing work to pull out Google and turn their queries into their original keyword search string. But unless you have a really good reason for doing it and really need it, using a stats program (externally like Google or installed like AW stats) is highly preferable.

I was going to do the same thing as you and do all sorts of user click-through tracing, etc...then looking through the analytics for my websites tells me far more than I really need to know as it is, so I don't think I'll ever get around to actually doing what I planned - it just isn't necessary.

Messages In This Thread
How to display the search terms people used to get on my site - by El Forum - 09-14-2009, 08:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB