Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Working with the cart class // eCommerce Suggestions?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm opening up a small local business where people can sell their items online, similar to a small-scale eBay or Amazon (eventually I'd love to get to that level someday!).

I'm designing everything myself, and stumbled upon CI and the cart class recently - curious to see if it would help to speed up the development time. I've fallen in love with CI, but I'm wondering is it realistic to build this type of site all in CI? How is the interactivity between the cart class and session class - and what about security?

Getting a bit off-topic, but wanted to say, I feel that there is little documentation out there for developing these types of projects. Often, tutorials will go through creating these smaller, brick&&mortar;type websites. My scope is larger than that, and now that I'm past designing the website, I've found it difficult to seek help with regards to actually going about building the "shopping part" I guess. People say, you can Google anything but I swear I've done so much searching! I'm stumped ... my luck there's probably some book out there that would end my frustration and detail everything that I'm looking for. :/

Are there any advantages to using some type of commercial solution? The thing is, I don't need all that's attached with those, I'd only want to have code for how to build the backend because I already have everything styled.

((( I'd give anything to know how the big dogs like Amazon or eBay do it! hehe )))

This community is wonderful, and I'm just curious if anyone out there has any suggestions and/or feedback for me?

Thanks for any help at all, would be much, much appreciated.

YL

Messages In This Thread
Working with the cart class // eCommerce Suggestions? - by El Forum - 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Working with the cart class // eCommerce Suggestions? - by El Forum - 09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Working with the cart class // eCommerce Suggestions? - by El Forum - 09-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Working with the cart class // eCommerce Suggestions? - by El Forum - 12-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Working with the cart class // eCommerce Suggestions? - by El Forum - 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB