Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I'd like to start this by saying "Fuck knows"! HelpfulParser and Dwoo to me are different things for different jobs, even though they seem similar. I would assume you wanted to use my HelpfulParser over Dwoo for the same reason you chose not to use Smarty, as Smarty is pretty similar to Dwoo.

To explain, I never really wanted to use Parser for my view files. My core module files will always use PHP and for me thats fine as only developers should be working on modules. I started HelpfulParser to give PyroCMS users a way to do dynamic stuff in TinyMCE editable text boxes much like yourself, and later on for theme views. HelpfulParser was fine for that job. I made a few helpers like {page_anchor[20|"Some Page"]} and at the time I didnt need much more.

Then I started thinking about if, foreach and more advanced plugins much like EE. While I could easily have extended HelpfulParser even more to support this syntax, I really hate re-inventing perfectly good wheels. As I said I tried out Twig and didnt like it, Dwoo does the job. Plugins and blocks in Dwoo are something I havent had a chance to look into, but I would have thought it would support get_instance() fine. Think about it, helpers are just included PHP files, as are plguins or blocks withing Dwoo, so THEORETICALLY it should work fine.

If HelpfulParser does the job for you: great, i'm glad my random experiement was useful to you, but if you need more I would experiment with CI in Dwoo plugins.

Messages In This Thread
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-15-2009, 10:11 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-17-2009, 07:50 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-28-2009, 05:21 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-28-2009, 09:31 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 04-14-2010, 01:06 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB