Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation

[eluser]Enorog[/eluser]
All good points. I was too lazy to even check if $CI =& get_instance(); would work in a Dwoo plugin, theoretically it should.

And actually I posted my question mostly to hear myself think - which I did and realized I don't need anything more than HelpfulParser right now. My motivation for Dwoo were also mostly nested statements, but I don't need those yet. And if I do, I'd still sooner add that functionality to HP (nicely coded, btw) than having to include a whole library.

Smarty/Dwoo is positioned somewhere between the CI coder+designer (who has nested views and doesn't need templating that S/D offers) and the most basic user (who can only click a TinyMCE button). It's useful for coders who have to deal with designers with an aversion to raw php.

I want my CMS to always remain clean and up to (my) standards, so I don't want to rely on templating, I'll just keep it all in nested views and regular php code.

In the past year, I slowly replaced each of the pre-made CI addons with my own libraries (static classes, actually). The only ones still standing are HelpfulParser and Doctrine ORM. Love them both. Thanks and keep up the good work, Phil.

Messages In This Thread
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-15-2009, 10:11 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-17-2009, 07:50 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-28-2009, 05:21 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 11-28-2009, 09:31 AM
[Library] Simple Dwoo implementation - by El Forum - 04-14-2010, 01:06 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB