Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]taurine[/eluser]
Been trying out auth projects the past few days, read all 58 pages, and have a few questions.

I noticed this does something different than tank_auth. That is create a database table for sessions. I was wondering what the benefits of that are, why you'd do it one way or the other, etc. Admittedly, my knowledge of sessions is lacking even in general php.

If I were to want all user's with group 'moderator' or higher, how would I do that? From what I can tell, each group authorized must be specifically mentioned in an array. If a moderator is allowed, surely the admin is allowed. Assuming my group id's are in order, with Admin being 1, and increasing lower ranks getting higher numbers... I'm thinking of a function like group_at_least(3), where group id's 3 and lower are good to go. Does that make sense or am I just complicating things?

Finally, why not just use the timestamp in 'created_on' as the salt? Or say, the last X numbers of the timestamp?

Messages In This Thread
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - by El Forum - 10-05-2010, 09:28 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB