Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]Todlerone[/eluser]
[quote author="Ben Edmunds" date="1291282543"]Todlerone,

To expand on/clarify what techgnome said.

You should remove the username column from the meta table as it already exists in the users table, then when creating the user with ion_auth->register() you will pass in the username and meta data and it will propagate the correct tables. Also make sure you update your ion_auth config file with your meta columns.[/quote]

TY very much Ben. Your an asset to codeigniter and open source. I have taken the username out of the meta table. I'm slowly understanding the inner workings of Ion Auth and it is doing exactly what I want. Can I ask you two more questions?

1) For my purposes I'm not allowing people to register themselfs, I'm doing it as admin only. This is for a very select group of people. I do want to be able to set there group names in the create form. What all do I need to do to make this happen? I suspect I can load the groups into an array and pass this to a select form input easily enough. Just not completely sure what else is needed other then following errors until I get it. I tried this and have come up against something I did that I can't fix...which leads me to question 2.
2) I'm now getting this error when I try to create a user.
Code:
Column 'group_id' cannot be null

INSERT INTO `users` (`username`, `password`, `email`, `group_id`, `ip_address`, `created_on`, `last_login`, `active`, `salt`) VALUES ('ticles', 'c7c5ddd126837ab3e71672a28603703f13fa34c8', '[email protected]', NULL, '142.21.240.74', 1291302985, 1291302985, 1, '2d16847247')

Not sure where I screwed up.

TY for your time.
CHEERS

Messages In This Thread
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - by El Forum - 12-02-2010, 09:22 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB