Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]adityamenon[/eluser]
[quote author="nl_vinyl" date="1337760413"]I am starting work on an application that will house multiple company's with multiple users per company.

Depending on what company they work for and what their rights are different data will be loaded.

How suitable is Ion Auth for this? Is there an option for this within Ion Auth? Cause I am guessing the groups are ment for different right sets and not for say company separation?[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like you need another layer of separation on top of the existing groups. I don't imagine it's impossible to modify the library and model to make this work.

In addition, if you'd like a hacky solution, you can make different groups that have the company and rights builtin. It will be unwieldy, but you can get started immediately without modifying anything. Like instead of having two companies, MS and Apple with sub-groups like SysAdmins and Programmers; you'll have 4 groups MS_SysAdmins, MS_Programmers, Apple_SysAdmins, Apple_Programmers. Like I said, it's going to be unwieldy, but when things are urgent you gotta do something!

Messages In This Thread
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - by El Forum - 05-23-2012, 02:00 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB