Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IE browser not terminating session even after logging out?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
I don't see an immediate error in that config. The only obvious difference with my setup is I have a cookie_name without underscore, and no cookie_prefix defined.

What I mean with sometimes active, sometimes not, is related to your debug information posted above. I assumed that you checked your database table 'ci_sessions' every time after a page load had finished.

You load the session library using autoload, so it should always be loaded. Right? The session library, in the constructor, checks if a valid session exists, and if not, creates one. So after a page load, any page, a session record should exist for your current session. Yet, you say that after you logged out, you were redirected to user/login, and NO session record existed. This baffles me.

I've currently doing some tests here, with a sess_destroy() call after logout which I don't use (I want to retain session information related to the user, so I delete logged-in session information only when a user logs out).

Funny thing is that I can sometimes reproduce this issue, even with Firefox! I've been loggin' in and out for the last 15 minutes, and on some logins I get userdata back while I am sure the session record is deleted!

I'll try to figure out what this is causing...

edit: sorry, my bad. some error causing another cookie not to be erased. So still clueless...

Messages In This Thread
IE browser not terminating session even after logging out? - by El Forum - 05-17-2010, 01:47 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB