Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
changing/simulating ip adresses

[eluser]Berik[/eluser]
Hey guys thanks for your input Smile

I think I didn't word correctly my query to you as it's not about testing latency or number of connections. It's more of a "get me out of a family feud" type of situation and I would like to help but just don't know how.

My client put up a site for his sister and for some obscure reason he told her that it would also get some traffic from different parts of the world and not only from France. After a few months of being online it appears that it does not and that is the reason of the dispute. He wants peace of mind and therefore asked me to put up a script that would make it look like some connections came from different countries. We're not talking about a huge amount of connections, but only 8-10 daily connections.

I was thinking of a script that would pick a random IP from a list of predefined IPs and connect to her website using that IP so it shows up in her stats. Then a cronjob would use that script at random times during the day to do the work automagically Smile

My problem here is to be sure that the connection being logged in the stats is from the IP the script pulled out so she doesn't realise that it's actually a fake connection. Otherwise the family feud will just rise up one notch...

I know it's stupid and childish but I always like a new challenge Smile

Anyway now you have the full story (hope it's clear enough) and I'm still seeking ideas on how to achieve this. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-24-2010, 01:29 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-24-2010, 01:37 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-25-2010, 01:04 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-25-2010, 03:35 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-25-2010, 04:05 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-25-2010, 08:38 AM
changing/simulating ip adresses - by El Forum - 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB