Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me

[eluser]stuckinphp[/eluser]
[quote author="kenyabob" date="1283813538"]it seems as if the creators aren't really in favor of us using it. Is there something I am missing here.[/quote]

Yes you are missing the fact that CI creators love to impose all kinds of crazy on unsuspecting developers.

If you don't like it and can't get used to it, start looking for a new framework because this kind crap is freaking everywhere in CI. Everywhere.

Edit:

Wanted to add something to the discussion, the mere thought that templating engines are slow and produce too much overhead is absurd and or incredibly outdated (especially for a framework that completely throws out the POST/COOKIE/GET arrays and re-implements them every page load). Smarty is insanely quick and its caching features speed things up a lot more.

It is much more likely CI simply couldn't build a fast templating engine themselves and to save face started spreading FUD into the community about how crappy templating was.

Messages In This Thread
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 12:05 PM
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 07:08 PM
New to code igniter and the view(s) are killing me - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB