Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP IDE Feature Query

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
i did ask for it. And the points you made are exactly what i want to see.

your first point,

[AVAILABLE ON LINUX AND WINDOWS]

currently the only way i could achieve this, and it is important, is to develop it on one of two different platforms:

1) Dot Net Framework Version 2.0 (Linux Mono Compatible .net version)
2) VisualWebGui - .net app converted and compiled into a java app if i am correct.

one point that i will fully agree with you and more so:

Quote:3. Ctrl+Left click
(Hitting Ctrl and Left clicking on a function call takes me to function declaration (opening source file if not in same file))
(Would be nice to work for loading of classes too. If I have $this->load->library(‘users’) and I ctrl+click on users, it takes me to the constructor of the users library. Same for views, models, etc, etc).

the above point really irks my ass. Currently no PHP ide that i have used (and that is alot) supports this type of feature. and it bugs the crap outa me. So yeah i agree with you here fully, support for dynamically loaded files and there functions via a $this-> construct. this feature alone would be a selling point for me.

Quote:4. FULL support for CodeIgniter. When I create a new project and I select CodeIgniter project, have it create a copy of system and app folders in the chosen workspace (whether currently stored version, or possibly download on command from EllisLabs tongue laugh )

I can see the point here, it would be a great feature to have some type of Mercurial SVN built in would be a cool feature. One that would from time to time and/or by user request check the Mercurial for new versions of files.

Quote:5. Integrated CodeIgniter User Guide (similar to many IDE’s PHP manual stuff).

This is an important thing. Having quick easy access to documentation on the framework is critical. Especially for new users. This is solved easily however.

all in all good suggestions. and ones that i see missing , especially a few aspects of point 3. and as you mentioned, not a simple 1-2-3 thing to implement but one i think allot of php developers would like in a IDE.

Cheers mate, thanks for your feed back. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 09-28-2010, 12:45 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 09-28-2010, 07:17 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 01-11-2011, 04:25 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 03-09-2011, 09:48 AM
PHP IDE Feature Query - by El Forum - 11-03-2012, 08:04 PM