Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be...

[eluser]Crag[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1303260779"]
Quote:2. Help section for beginner. That is information about CI adapted for non-experienced ones. Now it is difficult for beginner to sort it out himself.

2) Read the CodeIgniter User Guide!

InsiteFX[/quote]

A newbe needs more help them explanations of the classes and helpers. He needs examples and guidance. A section devoted to newbes helping each other, with the support of experienced coders, is a great idea.

As a sort-of newbe I would've been all in that forum. Not to mention, experienced geeks get a bit testy seeing newb questions scrolling by. Put them all in one place. That way, if one of you demi-gods wishes to come in [to the newbie forum] and drop pearls of wisdom we'd [us 'beginners'] would worsh- ehhh - bless you. Smile

But my biggest gripe is the wiki: 70% of the code in there is like from 2007/2008. I thought this framework was dying looking at that wiki. I soon learned otherwise.. but still. I'm not saying old code isn't useful. It sure is. Helped me a lot. But it's only useful after you are familiar with the current version of CodeIgniter. Things have changed over the years, after all.

Messages In This Thread
If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be... - by El Forum - 04-23-2011, 12:15 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB