Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model

[eluser]vincej[/eluser]
Hi - I have an order form with products on each line. It has a combination of POST variables which can be easily Posted up to my controller up but also some straight variables - see View:

Code:
<?php foreach ( $_SESSION['openorders'] as $key=>$value) {  ?>
<tr align="center">
<td width="30">&lt;?php $data=array('name' =>'quantity','value'=>$value['quantity']); echo form_input($data); ?&gt;</td> //POST VARIABLE
<td>&lt;?php echo $value['prodid']; ?&gt;</td> // STRAIGHT VARIABLES
    <td>&lt;?php echo $value['name'];?&gt;</td>
    <td>&lt;?php echo $value['ordervalue']; ?&gt;</td>
<td>&lt;?php echo $value['pricelb']; ?&gt;</td>
<td align="right">&lt;?php echo form_checkbox('delete','delete',FALSE); // POST VARIABLES
$data = array(
'orderid'  => $value['orderid'],
'productid'=> $value['prodid'],
'name'=>$value['name'],
);
echo form_hidden($data);
   $totalordervalue += $value['ordervalue'];
} ?&gt;
    </td>                      
</tr>
    <tr><td></td><td></td><td>&lt;?php echo "Total Unweighed Order Value:&nbsp;$";?&gt;</td>
    <td>&lt;?php echo $totalordervalue; ?&gt;</td>
    </tr>
    </table> <br/>

&lt;?php

echo form_submit('submit','Update and Submit to Picking >> ');
    echo form_close();

My code loops through the $_Session['openorders'] building the page - great.

I now modify the quantities.

I need recommendations on what is the best way of getting all the variables for each product line packed up into some kind of array so I can process them.

I thought of using hidden values and POSTING them to the controller - but what is the best way of getting them into an array ?

Many Thanks for your advice !

Messages In This Thread
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model - by El Forum - 04-20-2012, 04:24 PM
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model - by El Forum - 04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model - by El Forum - 04-21-2012, 12:00 AM
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model - by El Forum - 04-21-2012, 05:01 PM
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model - by El Forum - 04-21-2012, 08:58 PM
How Best to Pass Variables From a View to a Model - by El Forum - 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB