Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea

[eluser]towki[/eluser]
[quote author="davlyn" date="1340189334"]
Frameworks in general help when you don't want to bother with procedural stuff that is mostly always the same, for example uploading the files takes allot of time programming when you are just doing it in php or database communications, those tasks are generally always the same and everything that is different about them is mostly configurational in nature, also there are many security things you have to pay attention so even if your method does upload or writes to database you have to make it more secure. Since the process in securing them is also mostly the same rather than you doing it over and over people figured that it is better to do it once and just reuse it later, that is why some people have a bunch of methods for example that they copy/paste most of the time.

Also if you ever made a form and did a server side validation and refiling forms ect you know how that can be a pain to do from zero, codeigniter valitation class with form helper makes it very easy.

Same goes for queries for a database, active record class really simplifies the process while making it even more secure than I even know how to, or in order to learn I would really have to spend much more time learing about that than just building my site.

Codeigniter and other frameworks build those methods (or even entire classes) in a best and most reusable way (while making sure it is secure etc) so that you can focus actually more on your site and less on the other things.

You can especially see the usefulness of codeigniter if you actually try and build a site with php from scratch and try and bring it to some standards.

Also frameworks like codeigniter are good because they somewhat force a structure via a pattern so that your work is structured well, even if you are not sure exaclly how well at the beginning, in time you understand just how useful it can be.

I am a beginner also and for now that is how I see codeigniter, I may be wrong of course.

[/quote]

Thanks man it was a very helpful info. I have created a simple website before for my learning purposes and i think i have wrote so many lines of codes not knowing if it was secure because i have a login function and CRUD operations to the database. Also some of my methods used are redundant ang i write it over and over again.

Could you tell me man if CodeIgniter is easy to use and learn for begginers in php? I have no idea of getting started with it. Im hoping this time I will be able to create a better website with the help of CI.

BTW sorry if my english sounds funny.

Messages In This Thread
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-19-2012, 07:54 PM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 02:10 AM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 03:48 AM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 09:09 AM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 09:17 AM
I want to use CodeIgniter but no idea - by El Forum - 06-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB