Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How much PHP should I learn before using CI.

[eluser]XeOuRuX[/eluser]
[quote author="CroNiX" date="1354051911"]If you can build a site or application with regular php, mysql, etc., then picking up CI should be fairly easy, especially if you know OOP. It's just a matter of getting used to the framework and how it implements the MVC design pattern and all that is available within it.

Best advice I have, besides reading the User Guide and working through the tutorial, is to pick a small simple project and just start doing it. Something simple like a contact manager. I highly recommend reading the user guide in its entirety even if it doesn't all make sense. As you start to code and run into issues, in the back of your mind you'll be reminded of things you've read in the guide and they will start to make sense. If you don't, it will be a lot more difficult as you'll probably start coming up with your own "solutions" to problems when you encounter them where there may be a built-in way to do the same thing, but faster. Having the guide in the back of your mind will save you a lot of time in the long-run.

Most of the questions asked in these forums are due to people not reading the guide and just wanting people to answer things for them. If they read the entire guide before asking, these forums would be a LOT smaller Smile[/quote]

Thanx a lot for your nice advice. I liked it and I will try to follow it.

Messages In This Thread
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 06:27 AM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 08:30 AM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-29-2012, 07:02 AM
How much PHP should I learn before using CI. - by El Forum - 11-30-2012, 01:14 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB