Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
loading helpers inside views

[eluser]Roopam[/eluser]
@benton.snyder Umm, I think its not about separating the backend from the front end. The "back end" I think refers to database related operations. I am referring probably to something like formatting strings (converting to camel case etc), date time calculations and the like

@PhilTem "Helpers are actually wrappers for views to call functions from libraries, models, or the controller" Well, this calls for extra code : writing helpers to get me the post values since we are not sure $this object is available in the view. Frankly this is heartbreaking, since I have been doing stuff like $this->config->item('fb_app_key'); for creating fb login javascript codes. But yes I do get the vibe here.

My question was in terms of loading the helper inside a view. Let me elaborate:
I have two options of loading the helper
1. From the controller which loads the view. And therefore the helper functions will be available to the view and the rest of controller code.
2. From the view, which might just load the helper only for the view and discard it for the rest of the controller.

My question is in the second point. Is my assumption right? As in, will it be more memory optimized to load the helper inside the view rather than the controller.
And sorry for my misleading title. Sad I'll mind this for future posts. Thanks

Messages In This Thread
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 12:42 AM
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 06:44 AM
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 07:24 AM
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 10:39 AM
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 11:11 AM
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 03:50 PM
loading helpers inside views - by El Forum - 12-24-2012, 06:25 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB