Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session serialized data... kinda? Dont understand the format

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2015, 11:15 PM by jLinux.)

Question...

Is the CI_Session_database_driver::destroy() called when the session is regenerated, as well as logout?

I took your advice, and created a table, account_sessions_assoc, that has a unique automatically generated ID, which is the main point of reference, as well as account_id and session_id, when MY_Session_database_driver::write() is called, it will execute parent::write(), then it will execute another method, Accounts_model::account_session_assoc(), that checks if the old session ID is in the account_sessions_assoc table, if so, update the account_sessions_assoc.session_id to the new $session_id, if not, create a new record with the $account_id and the $session_id.

I created a MY_Session_database_driver::destroy() which just executes parent::destroy(), then executes a newly created MY_Session_database_driver::_assoc_gc(), which will delete any records in the account_sessions_assoc table if the current account_sessions_assoc.session_id is NOT in the ci_sessions table (This method is also executed by MY_Session_database_driver::gc(), which just executes parent::gc() then _assoc_gc())

The problem im running into, is records are getting deleted out of the account_sessions_assoc table, when sessions are still in ci_sessions, and after viewing some logs, it looks like the MY_Session_database_driver::destroy() method is being called when the MY_Session:Confusedess_regenerate() is being called.

If im right, and the destroy() is being called when the session is regenerated (probably because sess_regenerate_destroy = TRUE), then I need to somehow let the MY_Session_database_driver::_assoc_gc() method know that the session is being regenerated, and not to delete it.

Thank you for the suggestion about creating a new table for associations, that was what I originally did, and should have stuck with that, definitely works better. Now just got this one last issue to take care of!

Thank you for the help!

Update: I added a column, account_sessions_assoc.regens, which will start at 0, and +1 for every time a record is updated, I removed the reference to self::assoc_gc() from MY_Session_database_driver::destroy(), and the regens started climbing.. 1.. 2.. 3.. etc. Then I re-added the reference in destroy() to self::assoc_gc(), and the new records were all being added to the account_sessions_assoc table, new ID's, session ID's and regens are staying at 0.

So its definitive that destroy() is being called when sessions are regenerated.

Since MY_Session_database_driver::write() is what does all of the inserts/updates in account_sessions_assoc, I believe what im running into is ironically the EXACT same issue I had before I took your advice, which now, is...

1) MY_Session:Confusedess_regenerate() gets called, which updates the account_sessions_assoc.session_id from the old session ID to the new session ID
2) Then MY_Session_database_driver::destroy() gets called, which deletes the session_id from ci_sessions
3) MY_Session_database_driver::destroy() calls self::assoc_gc(), which will delete the record from account_sessions_assoc, since MY_Session_database_driver::write() has not been called to quickly create the new record.

If I can have MY_Session_database_driver::destroy() realize its being called after MY_Session:Confusedess_regenerate(), then I can have it not execute self::assoc_gc()

I tried doing this, but it doesnt seem to work:
PHP Code:
<?php
class MY_Session extends CI_Session
{

public static $sess_info = array(

'old' => NULL,

'new' => NULL

);

public 
function sess_regenerate$destroy FALSE )

{

self::$sess_info['old'] = session_id();

parent::sess_regenerate$destroy );

self::$sess_info['new'] = session_id();

}
}

class 
MY_Session_database_driver extends CI_Session_database_driver
{

public function destroy$session_id )

{

// Execute the real destroy first...

if( ! parent::destroy$session_id ) )

{

return FALSE;

}

// Check if destroy() is being called after a regeneration, if so, just return true...

if( ! is_nullMY_Session::$sess_info['old'] ) AND ! is_nullMY_Session::$sess_info['new'] ) )

{

return TRUE;

}

// If not, clean up `account_sessions_assoc` based on whats in `ci_sessions`

else

{

return $this->_assoc_gc();

}

}

MY_Session::$sess_info['old'] and MY_Session::$sess_info['old'] both start off as NULL, as set by the constructor, so it seems like they re getting set to null after MY_Session:Confusedess_regenerate(), but before MY_Session_database_driver::destroy(), which is throwing me off a little...

P.S. Sorry for the overwhelming amount of info.. Im just trying to be as precise about whats happening as I can be. I think its also making the situation seem more complicated than it really is, which I hate doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session serialized data... kinda? Dont understand the format - by jLinux - 08-26-2015, 10:41 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB