Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session: Error while trying to free lock for ci_session

(05-25-2016, 05:50 AM)jcarpenter Wrote: I have been playing around with this and have concluded the following:

1) The problem doesn't occur if I use 'files' for sessions
2) The problem does occur if I use 'database' or 'memcached', which lead me to believe it was a locking issue
3) I have many calls occurring at once (ajax) but none conflict to the data being written into session
4) If I turn off memcached file locking the number of errors drops almost completely, but not entirely
5) I cannot re-produce the problem on demand and haven't determined yet what are the circumstances in which this occurs

Thanks,

Joe

This is generic info that we already have, can't really get anything from it. To elaborate:

1) We already know it's memcached-specific - the 'files' driver doesn't produce that message.
2) The 'database' driver too doesn't produce that error message, only memcached and redis do. And yes - it is related to locking ... the message says so.
3) Don't really get what you mean by that last part about conflicts but ... ok
4) What do you mean by "turn off memcached file locking"? Are you talking about Memcache server configuration? CI_Session_memcached_driver has nothing to do with files and (very intentionally) doesn't give you any control over locking - in that context, what you're saying doesn't make any sense.
5) That's the most important part really ... if we don't know how to reproduce it, we don't know anything.

Unfortunately, until you figure out that last point, nobody would be able to help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session: Error while trying to free lock for ci_session - by Narf - 05-25-2016, 06:12 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB