Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash

[eluser]charlie spider[/eluser]
i have tried two different methods for embedding flash.

one uses AC_RunActiveContent.js
the other method uses SWFObject.js

i have multiple project folders within the root of my localhost server (XAMPP)
kinda like this:

htdocs
-bakery
-blissmania
-medallion
-ppp
-pyfo

The folders 'bakery' and 'ppp' have CodeIgniter installed in them, the others do not. (I know this is not the most efficient method of having multiple CI installations running on a server but this makes things easier when uploading finished projects to a clients' server.)

If i run a flash embedded page using either of the two methods mentioned above, from any of the non-CI folders, things work great. The flash works.

If i take that same page and place it within the 'ppp' project's view folder, (obviously a CI project) and call that page from a controller, the flash doesn't work, regardless of where i place the .swf file or how i reference the .swf file.

What's interesting is that when you look at the page in the browser, you can right-click on the big blank rectangle where the flash movie is supposed to be, that little right-click context menu appears and has the "About Adobe Flash 9.0" link in it. So the flash is ALMOST there, but it's not.

As stated in the heading of this thread, i am in desperate need of help with this. If anybody has any experience embedding flash into a codeigniter project i would greatly greatly appreciate hearing how you did it.

Where did you place your .swf ?
What embedding method did you use?
How did you reference your .swf?
Do you have an example that i could look at?

If someone can help me solve this problem i will permanently add a comment to the bottom of my forum signature where i will praise your obvious brilliance for all the CI community to see.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-23-2008, 07:16 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-23-2008, 07:20 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-23-2008, 07:23 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-24-2008, 08:33 AM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-24-2008, 09:38 AM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-26-2008, 03:10 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 03-27-2008, 08:31 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 01-10-2009, 07:34 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 01-10-2009, 11:54 PM
In desparate need of help with embedding Flash - by El Forum - 01-11-2009, 12:24 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB