Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Charset Encoding / Double Byte Char Support

[eluser]bnewton[/eluser]
I have done a few search on this issue with no luck. Maybe someone can provide me some insight into this issue. I have used CodeIgniter to provide an web interface to an desktop application.
For whatever reason I can get the right Charset Encoding to allow Double Byte Character to display correctly in the web app and the desktop app.

For an example if I use the following text in both apps: :特别是形声字 与简体字无关 this is what I see in the database via phpmyadmin for each app.

the desktop app produces: 特别是形声字 ä¸Žç®€ä½“å­—æ— å…³
while the web app produces:
Code:
特别是形声字 ä¸Žç®€ä½“å­—æ— å…³

I've been told that the desktop app is use utf-8 but I can 100 percent confirm that original developer of the app is no longer with the company. However when using mb_detect_encoding() on the strings created by the desktop app
it report utf-8 for those strings and string created by the web app are reporting ASCII- however use something like iconv to try to go from ASCII to utf-8 with no luck.

I have made sure that my database (mysql) is setup for utf-8, i have the correct meta tab in my header <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />, I have all of the CodeIgniter setting for Charset/Encoding set to utf-8, I have tried utf8_encode with no luck.

I'm not sure what the next steps should be or how to continue to troubleshoot this issue? Any suggest would be greatly appreciated.

bnewton

Messages In This Thread
Charset Encoding / Double Byte Char Support - by El Forum - 12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Charset Encoding / Double Byte Char Support - by El Forum - 01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Charset Encoding / Double Byte Char Support - by El Forum - 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB