Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Bookmarkable, paged, advanced search without query strings?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Hi. Thank you both for your replies.

@drewbee: I was considering doing something along the lines of hashing the keywords, but I'm not sure how I would handle things such as a search within certain categories, or posts within certain forums. That's easy enough to do with $this->input->post(), but once the query has been made, the post variables are lost, and won't be passed over to the next page. The way to do this then would be to have my pagination as a form, but a simple refresh of the page would probably break it.

I'm sure I can find a way around the problem, but I would like to get some ideas on a more flexible way to do this. I'm quite sure I am not the first person to want to do this. On the other hand, I could always bring back query strings, as that would make life so much simpler. Perhaps advanced searching and query strings go hand in hand?

I am currently looking into creating a forum that's built on CI (as part of a paid project), and if it's ever good enough, I'll GPL it.

Thanks again for your help.

Messages In This Thread
Bookmarkable, paged, advanced search without query strings? - by El Forum - 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB