Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database?

[eluser]Nummero2[/eluser]
Hi,

at the moment I have 3 mysql tables:

project table:

project_id (primary key, auto increment)
project_text (text field)

task table:

task_id (primary key, auto increment)
project_id (foreign key, if the task is part of a project)
task_text (text field)

protocoll table:

ptc_id (primary key, auto increment)
ptc_text (text field for protocoll)

With that I can create projects with added tasks or tasks on their own and protocolls on their own without any connections to tasks or projects. That should change

Now what I want to achieve:
- I want to connect the protocolls with the tasks and the projects, so a task or a project can have a own protocoll which is related to them

BUT

- I want to build a fourth table only for the keys so the seperated parts (project, tasks, protocoll) donĀ“t know anything about the other ones. So no more foreign keys in protocoll table.

Example:

key table:

- project_id
- task_id
- ptc_id

Is that possible and how? Do I have to leave the keys out of the other tables then?

Greetings Sebastian :-)

Messages In This Thread
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Create a database for keys only? The Perfect Database? - by El Forum - 08-23-2008, 02:16 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB